MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that bad Bill?? But are there some guys on the team that you liked that were on the team before this year. Weren't Youk, Ellisbury, Pedoria, Big Papi fan favorites? 3 out of those 4 guys are still there. Is Lester still a fan favorite? How about Bucholtz? Btw, Bucholtz has been there most consistent pitcher this year.

BillD1984 said:
I don't think "underacheivers" is the first adjective to describe this Red Flops team. I think it's "unlikable". From the "sell everything that's not bolted down" (mis)management, to the manager and MOST of all..... the players.

IMO, the most unlikable Red Sox team in the 38 years I've been following them. And that includes the "25 players, 25 cabs" years and the Dan Duquette error (sic).

I see the old ass seamheads in Boston are getting pissed that the Red Sox are basically irrelevant now. I find it funny, the Sox are my baseball team but it is time that some people face reality that it isn't 1968 anymore.

AntAltMike said:
Strasmas report:

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
S Strasburg 6.0 2 0 0 1 9 0 97-65 2.94

No decision: left leading 2-0 after 6 complete, but the reliever blew the save.

Total 2012 innings, to date: 156.1.
Innings remaining to season shutdown: ???

Hey...how come you didn't do the "Stramas" report when the Marlins in his last start lit him him like a Christmas tree?! ;-)

BillD1984 said:
The following statement is not hyperbole on my part (NOT EVEN CLOSE):

Won/loss records aside, I don't see how it's possible for there to be a worse team in 2012 than the Boston Red Sox (again, NOT EVEN CLOSE)! :eek:

I present to you...the Miami Marlins!

The Red Sox conclude their West Coast swing Wednesday night in Seattle, and I predict that Bobby Valentine will not be coming back to Boston with the team.

So, Strasburg has 2 starts left ....
They have a 6 1/2 game lead, why not just skip his turn every other start till the end, thus saving his arm and innings ?

This is a real problem for the rest of the team, many of those players have never been in the Playoffs and don't want to miss out on an opportunity, can't say I blame them ...
Washington's management is talking like the team is built to be there every year, last I looked, they weren't a Big market team that can go out and outbid other teams for stud players.

Last edited:
So, Strasburg has 2 starts left ....
They have a 6 1/2 game lead, why not just skip his turn every other start till the end, thus saving his arm and innings ?

Exactly! I've been saying this for weeks now. The Nats had the luxury of having Strasburg miss a few starts....Helenic Flu anyone? (that's an old Celtics manipulation of the injured list), still have a healthy lead, AND most importantly have Strasburg available in the postseason.

Exactly! I've been saying this for weeks now. The Nats had the luxury of having Strasburg miss a few starts....Helenic Flu anyone? (that's an old Celtics manipulation of the injured list), still have a healthy lead, AND most importantly have Strasburg available in the postseason.

Of course they should have been doing this since shortly after the ASG break.

Hindsight being 20-20, maybe they should have geared his season to start in June, like Clemens did. I'd be afraid to shut a pitcher down for a month, mid-season, just because it disrupts his five day recovery cycle.

Hindsight being 20-20, maybe they should have geared his season to start in June, like Clemens did. I'd be afraid to shut a pitcher down for a month, mid-season, just because it disrupts his five day recovery cycle.

I admit, this is a valid counter point.

Maybe next year they will let Strasberg pitch a whole season, hard to say, if not, I can see him moving to another team when his contract is up.

Thats why I suggested skipping turns instead :)

I agree in theory, but then you have a numbers problem with the roster. You would have to carry six starters, and then your depth would be thin elsewhere. The 23rd, 24th and 25th roster spots are much more valuable in the National League.

Last edited:
Keep it going Rangers!! Lets go into the playoffs with home field advantage throughout. :)

Keep it going Rangers!! Lets go into the playoffs with home field advantage throughout. :)

Not in the WS ;). National League will have that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)