MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reds magic number down to 2. They have clinched a playoff berth. First team to do it even though a few hours later the Nationals did too.

Reds have the best record in the majors since the All-Star break

Reds magic number down to 2. They have clinched a playoff berth. First team to do it even though a few hours later the Nationals did too.

Congrats, Ramy! And congrats to both he Reds and the Nats.......two teams that are doing it the right way!

The Space Shuttle Endeavor arrived in L.A. today. Just to show no bias, the pilot flew the 747 with the shuttle on it's back over BOTH Dodger Stadium and Angel Stadium.

I saw it up close and personal on it's flyover and I still have goosebumps.

Last edited:
Since the Dodgers are pretty much done, I will be pulling for any team who plays the Giants and the Braves. The only way I will pull for the Braves is if they happen to be playing the Giants.

I would love to see Reds and Nats NLCS.

In the AL, I really don't care. Although it would be nice to see a surprise team like the A's or O's go to the WS.

They'll probably clinch tonight since they are playing the sorry Dodgers

Also, congrats to the Nats and the Reds. It seems like, at least in the NL, that the races are pretty much done. NL East, Nats lead by 51/2, The Reds lead there division with a big lead and the Giants lead over the Dodgers is 10 games, I think. Even the wild card is done as it looks like its the Braves and the Cards.

The AL is a little more interesting. The Yanks and Orioles are fighting it out. I dont. The Tigers and the White Sox are going at in the AL Central. And I think the Rangers have the AL West. Also, the A's and the Orioles are both in the wild card.

The Dodgers lose their top 2 starters and their pitching remains strong. They get an All Star lineup and they can't hit worth crap

Go figure.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

I think I know why they scored more runs before they got all the power hitters; they played small ball. Now they play small ball in the 10th and it works.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

Also, congrats to the Nats and the Reds. It seems like, at least in the NL, that the races are pretty much done. NL East, Nats lead by 51/2, The Reds lead there division with a big lead and the Giants lead over the Dodgers is 10 games, I think. Even the wild card is done as it looks like its the Braves and the Cards.

The AL is a little more interesting. The Yanks and Orioles are fighting it out. I dont. The Tigers and the White Sox are going at in the AL Central. And I think the Rangers have the AL West. Also, the A's and the Orioles are both in the wild card.

The AL races are very interesting ...

In the AL Central, it's very interesting because only the Winner is getting in.

The way it should be...., I'm really NOT liking the 2nd WC that Bud just HAD to put in.

1 WC was a good idea and worked well, but the 2nd one is diluting the playoffs in my opinion.
Particularly with the 1 game play in, just to get there .... too gimmicky ...

Last edited:
I'm really NOT liking the 2nd WC that Bud just HAD to put in.

1 WC was a good idea and worked well, but the 2nd one is diluting the playoffs in my opinion.
Particularly with the 1 game play in, just to get there .... too jimickey ...

The extra team/game is going to hurt the wild cards who have done well recently. Having to use one of their top pitchers, which essentially makes them unavailable for the first series, will put them in a hole to start.

The extra team/game is going to hurt the wild cards who have done well recently. Having to use one of their top pitchers, which essentially makes them unavailable for the first series, will put them in a hole to start.

Provided they don't use thier Top pitcher the last day of the season just to GET there ...

I would not want to clinch this early. Teams that clinch first do not win the WS. The last time a team that was the first to clinch that went on to win the WS was in 1998. When they clinch first with more than a week to play, they do not win at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)