MLB 2013 Season

Jake Peavy looked very impressive in his Red Sox debut tonight, and the Sox win their Major League leading 67th game. Last year they had 69 wins all season. Since they devoided themselves of that high priced "talent" last August they are a much better team. I LOVE this team!!!!

Regarding A-Rod, I doubt he'll get more than 50 games when its all said and done considering its his *first* offence. Language in the agreement clearly states its 50 games the first time. Sure Bud Light is peeved and threw the book at him, but in the end with all appeals done, he'll get 50 games.

Kinda blows though that, arguably, the greatest baseball talent of our generation, pissed away a bonefide HoF career.

Kinda blows though that, arguably, the greatest baseball talent of our generation, pissed away a bonefide HoF career.

Actually, we don't have any idea who are or were the greatest baseball talents of our generation because we don't know when any of those who have been "outed" in the past decade as PED users began using them. How did Brady Anderson have a 50 homer year, and why did he get giant zits all over his back that year, and why did they go away when his offensive power numbers went back to normal? How is it that Cal Ripken Jr.'s body couldn't hold up under the burden of playing every inning of every game when he was in his late 20s and was forcing his team to endure woeful slumps during which he'd hit .200 for weeks at a time (.256 four season average while at ages 26-29), but then he somehow bats 30 points higher (.284) while still playing shortstop every inning from ages 33 through 38, whereas the original, genuine, PED-free power hitting shortstop, Ernie Banks, never could play even an inning of shortstop beyond the age of 30? How is it that the body shape of one of my favorite, "unaccused" modern players, Ken Griffey Jr., underwent an abrupt transformation, beginning in his early 30s? How did Nolan Ryan become a better pitcher in his 40s than he had been in his 30s? Maybe you should ask Ryan's favorite former coach, Tom House, the Johnny Appleseed/Dr. Timothy Leary of PEDs.

I used to think that it was a shame that Barry Bonds had sullied a PED free Hall-of-Fame career because, before McGwire and Sosa hogged the limelight, Bonds had already had a Hall of Fame career with 400 homers, three MVP awards and eight Gold Gloves, but upon further reflection, Bonds more likely just changed recipes after 1998.

I don't know when A-roid began using PEDs, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was when he was a minor leaguer, and so I have no idea whatsoever what kind of career he would have had without them.

Last edited:
Regarding A-Rod, I doubt he'll get more than 50 games when its all said and done considering its his *first* offence. Language in the agreement clearly states its 50 games the first time. Sure Bud Light is peeved and threw the book at him, but in the end with all appeals done, he'll get 50 games.

Sounds more and more likely that A-Rod will get about a 200 game suspension, the rest of this year and all of next year.

Dodgers are faking like flies again.

Ramirez injured his shoulder diving into the stands on a foul ball. He did make the catch though.

He's carried the team during this streak.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Interesting stat

It took the Dodgers 44 losses to get their first 30 wins. It took only 7 losses to get their next 30 wins. Talk about a turn around. 31 and 7 in their last 38 games

Now they go to St Louis. Won't be easy there. First, the ain't the Cubs and are probably the best NL team. Second, their injuries make them a much less productive team, hence their first half record. No Puig, no Kemp, no Ramirez is not the same team as they are with them.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

If you asked most people at the beginning of the year what the Red Sox postseason rotation would look like IF they made the playoffs (admittedly a longshot at the time), I'm sure most people would have said Lester/Buchholz/Dempster. Four months later it's no longer a longshot, but who would pitch in a potential playoff series is probably very different. IMO, right now the Sox top three starters are (in no particular order) Doubront/Lackey/Peavy.

Sounds more and more likely that A-Rod will get about a 200 game suspension, the rest of this year and all of next year.

At first, he's getting 200 or a life ban but in appeal w/ an arbitrator... "pissing off BUD" isnt an excuse to amp up the punishment. IMO, this sage is going to end next April.

Red Sox will play 16 of their next 19 games away from Fenway. The Sox will go to Houston for 3, Kansas City for 4 and Toronto for 3, before coming home to play the Yankees for 3. After the Yankee series, the Sox will go on an interleague West Coast trip to San Francisco for 3 and Los Angeles for 3. When this stretch is over, there will be only 30 games remaining in the regular season.

Red Sox will play 16 of their next 19 games away from Fenway. The Sox will go to Houston for 3, Kansas City for 4 and Toronto for 3, before coming home to play the Yankees for 3. After the Yankee series, the Sox will go on an interleague West Coast trip to San Francisco for 3 and Los Angeles for 3. When this stretch is over, there will be only 30 games remaining in the regular season.

Don't take KC for granted, they are 9-1 in the last 10 coming into today, along with Detroit and Cleveland, which also have went 9-1 in the last 10 ... Yes, the AL CENTRAL folks have 3 teams playing VERY well.

You maybe getting the Dodgers at a good time with all of their injuries. Hopefully Kemp and Ramirez are back by then. Puig will be back before then.

Don't take KC for granted, they are 9-1 in the last 10 coming into today, along with Detroit and Cleveland, which also have went 9-1 in the last 10 ... Yes, the AL CENTRAL folks have 3 teams playing VERY well.

Royals have ALWAYS given the Red Sox fits in that stadium, so I wouldn't take them for granted even if they were a bad team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)