MLB 2019 Baseball season

actually it start last week with A's/Mariners in Japan rest of the team start Thursday
So it Is Thursday ...
They keep moving the Start date back further into March every year and the end up with all the more cancelled games due to weather.
It use to start like the 1st monday in April and you could count on it ... now they are starting in the middle of the week ... except for the stupid 2 teams that are forced to go out of the country ... which get about a week earlier start ... another stupid thing MLB is doing.

I remember when the Reds use to open the season every year with the 1st game, that was tradition ... to hell with tradition I guess.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Don't you use your game finder on your Hopper? Or do you have a Hopper?
I have Directv and the MLB EI package, but nothing was listed as of yet that I had seen ... I kinda with they would allow you to have the Spring Training games as well if you have the EI package.

They do have a setting for finding your teams on D* as well, I just haven't set it up for the season yet.

Padres are tied for first in the NL West. Stop the season now. :oldlaugh What really stands out is the Runs Against total for 4 games, only 6. Pitching must be really good this year (or the Giants are just awful). Dodgers and Diamondbacks seem to have great hitting, but no pitching.

NL West W L Pct GB Home Away Streak RS RA Diff L10
San Diego

3 1 .750 0.0 3-1 0-0 W-1 11 5 6 3-1
LA Dodgers
3 1 .750 0.0 3-1 0-0 W-2 42 22 20 3-1
Colorado
2 2 .500 1.0 0-0 2-2 L-2 15 14 1 2-2
San Francisco
1 3 .250 2.0 0-0 1-3 L-1 5 11 -6 1-3
Arizona
1 3 .250 2.0 0-0 1-3 L-2 22 42 -20 1-3

can anyone answer this question why did they changed the DL to the IL for just this season? and next season it going back to the DL

can anyone answer this question why did they changed the DL to the IL for just this season? and next season it going back to the DL
Are you sure it's only THIS season ?

I found info about the PCL and a bit of info on the IL.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Went to a PCL game during the week, and found out about the league's unique DH rule:

1. If either club is an AL affiliate, the DH rules are mandated.
2. Otherwise the DH rules are optional with the concurrence of both teams.

As far as I know, there's no where else in pro baseball where the teams agree on the playing rules amongst themselves; usually all of that is mandated by the league.

There was nothing on the league website to indicate when the agreement for a given game has to be reached, eg, before the season or at gametime. Since there's 10 NL and 6 AL affililates, then the option situation comes up in about 60% of the home games for the NL affiliates, and obviously never comes up in an AL city.

By contrast, in the International League and at AA, there is no option; the DH rule is used unless both teams are NL, and then it is not used. In the IL, there's 6 NL and 8 AL affiliates, so the DH is in effect in about 40% of the NL affiliates' home games.

Are you sure it's only THIS season ?

I found info about the PCL and a bit of info on the IL.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Went to a PCL game during the week, and found out about the league's unique DH rule:

1. If either club is an AL affiliate, the DH rules are mandated.
2. Otherwise the DH rules are optional with the concurrence of both teams.

As far as I know, there's no where else in pro baseball where the teams agree on the playing rules amongst themselves; usually all of that is mandated by the league.

There was nothing on the league website to indicate when the agreement for a given game has to be reached, eg, before the season or at gametime. Since there's 10 NL and 6 AL affililates, then the option situation comes up in about 60% of the home games for the NL affiliates, and obviously never comes up in an AL city.

By contrast, in the International League and at AA, there is no option; the DH rule is used unless both teams are NL, and then it is not used. In the IL, there's 6 NL and 8 AL affiliates, so the DH is in effect in about 40% of the NL affiliates' home games.

He is referring to the disabled list now being called the injured list. I didn't know they were changing the name back for next year.

He is referring to the disabled list now being called the injured list. I didn't know they were changing the name back for next year.
i was listening to the Michael Kay show yesterday or Wednesday and he mentioned it would go back to the DL next season

Wow,
I went in an entirely different direction ....

I really hate accernyms.
The company I work for use them and they have no idea what they mean most of the time.

You would have hated working at the post office then. EVERYTHING is an acronym.

Happy The Braves have signed both Acuna and Albies to long term deals but I am amazed on what Ozzie signed for. Player Union cannot be happy with that deal

So the 150th Anniversary of the Reds first game is May 4th. Strange it happened on that day. Star Wars Day. :)

Red Sox and Rockies tonight ...

Red Sox Chris Sale strikes out 17 in 7 innings and 24 Rockies K for the night ...
And the Red Sox LOSE the game 5-4 in extra innings.

So if the Tampa Bay Rays were to eventually move to Montreal, would they be renamed to the X-Rays?

Reactions: Jimbo