MLB All Star Rosters Announced

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tiger's did OK - Verlander and Jackson certainly were deserving. I think Granderson should have been here the last 2 seasons, but maybe not this year. Brandon Inge most definitely should have been on this team.

Last year's All-Star Game went on so long, due to extra innings, I stopped caring which team won. But it is preferable to the wasteful Home Run Derby.

The two best Marlins players made it and I am happy. They were really the only two that are having outstanding years on the team. Hanley, with the injury to Ibanez and the resurrgence of the Marlins...is IMHO, right behind Pujols in the MVP voting.....and John Johnson has an argument for one of the top 3 pitcher in the National League.

Two questions:

1. Which player/players do you think is the least deserving of those that made the roster?

2. Which players not on the roster as of now should be on?

Dodgers going, to no one's surprise: Billingsley, Broxton, and Hudson.

Kemp is one of the 5 for the final vote. I will be voting for him, although Sandoval deserves to go more than anyone else on the list.

Kemp is one of the 5 for the final vote. I will be voting for him, although Sandoval deserves to go more than anyone else on the list.

IMO, the NL final vote is tougher than the AL this year.

You could make a case for Sandoval (also my pick), Kemp or Cristian Guzman.

In the AL, Inge SHOULD run away with the vote.

IMO, the NL final vote is tougher than the AL this year.

You could make a case for Sandoval (also my pick), Kemp or Cristian Guzman.

In the AL, Inge SHOULD run away with the vote.

Oops, add Mark Reynolds to the list for the NL.

All-Star Acquisitions

By Eddie Schmid [July 5 at 5:52pm CST]
As you probably heard, the All-Star lineups were announced today. Whether you consider the lineups fair or flawed, a sizeable portion of the talent pool was acquired just this past offseason and will be heading to St. Louis for the festivities next week. Just for fun, let's run through a list of these players--let me know if I missed anyone:
AL
SP Edwin Jackson, Tigers - Acquired Dec. 10, 2008, from Rays for OF Matt Joyce.
RP Brian Fuentes, Angels - Signed Dec. 31, 2008, to 2-year deal worth $17.5MM.
1B Mark Teixeira, Yankees - Signed Dec. 23, 2008, to 8-year deal worth $180MM.

NL
OF Raul Ibanez, Phillies - Signed Dec. 16, 2008, to 3-year deal worth $31.5MM.
2B Orlando Hudson, Dodgers - Signed Feb. 20, 2009, to 1-year deal worth $3.4MM plus incentives.
SP Jason Marquis, Rockies - Acquired Jan. 6, 2009, from Cubs for RP Luis Vizcaino.
RP Francisco Rodriguez, Mets - Signed Dec. 10, 2008, to 3-year deal worth $37MM.

Couple things I noticed about the rosters:

1. I predicted Jason Bay would be a starting outfielder in the Midsummer Classic before the season stated.

2. Brian Fuentes made the AL roster. KCK was a little rough on him at points in the season- looks like he may be the right guy to succeed K-Rod.

3. "Alvin" won the role for AL first-sacker. That's not a popular choice with some of us on here.

The two Dodger All Star pitchers blew a 5 run lead in the ninth inning. There biggest and most devastating blown lead in many years. Fortunately they ended up winning in extra innings.

I want to add a stipulation to the ASG voting for the next year:
You have to have played in 2/3rds of your teams games to qualify for the ALG, outside of pitchers of course.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts