MLB All Star Rosters Announced

How can the NL batting leader not be picked? I know he missed a bunch of games, but come on.

Edit: Looks like he doesn't qualify for the lead because he doesn't have enough at bats, but he has 41 RBI in only 50 games.

I am talking about Joey Votto in case you didn't know.

Brian Fuentes made the AL roster. KCK was a little rough on him at points in the season- looks like he may be the right guy to succeed K-Rod.

The Angels' broadcasters mentioned yesterday how everyone was on Brian when he blew his first two saves. He struggled with the new team and league mightly. He turned it around in late May and has been quite good since.

As I recall you or someone else here called me out about Brian not being a good replacement for KRod early on and razzed me about KRod being let go. At that time I stated that KRod's departure was the correct move and that Fuentes would work it out. (I may be wrong on this one but, who cares?)

There is no doubt that (Fuentes included) I was ready to torch the entire Angel bullpen several times from mid-April to late May and was very vocal about it. Thankfully, once Shields got out of there everyone fell into their roles nicely. ;)

The two Dodger All Star pitchers blew a 5 run lead in the ninth inning. There biggest and most devastating blown lead in many years. Fortunately they ended up winning in extra innings.

Didn't the same thing happen earlier this season? Didn't Broxton blow a sure thing and the game went on forever with the Dodgers finally winning it?

How can the NL batting leader not be picked? I know he missed a bunch of games, but come on.

Edit: Looks like he doesn't qualify for the lead because he doesn't have enough at bats, but he has 41 RBI in only 50 games.

I am talking about Joey Votto in case you didn't know.

i assume you would not pick him over albert?

Didn't the same thing happen earlier this season? Didn't Broxton blow a sure thing and the game went on forever with the Dodgers finally winning it?
He blew a 2 run lead in Philly, but he still didn't pitch that bad during that blown save. He struck out the side, but in between gave up a walk, a bloop hit, and a 2 run double.

This game, he couldn't find the strike zone at all and was fortunate to get the third out by the baserunner running pass the bag. To add, this was a 5 run lead that he blew after Billingsley dominated the entire game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)