MLB channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phillysfinest311

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Will Direct Tv be carrying this? There was a commercial that this new channel is launching on New Years Day 2009.

Yes they will. It was part of their agreement with the carriage of MLB EI. Jan 1st, '09 is the launch date.

Last edited:
I agree that D* and others will have it available, but whats the rush, theres nothing happening in baseball on JAN 1st anyways, as long as it is active by say the last half of Febuary when teams pitchers and catchers report.

jimbo

I can't beieve that Baseball was fourth of the big 4 sports to have their own network!!!!

I can't beieve that Baseball was fourth of the big 4 sports to have their own network!!!!
#2 in TV ratings to only football, #1 in total attendance (of course they do play 81 home games a year), and #2 in total revenue each year, yet they are #4 with their own station.

#2 in TV ratings to only football, #1 in total attendance (of course they do play 81 home games a year), and #2 in total revenue each year, yet they are #4 with their own station.

No doubt, which is my point, I can't believe it took them so long to finally launch their network!!! Figured they would have done this years ago!!! NBA was actually the first to do it.

I can imagine DirecTV placing this in the 210-219 range along with NFL, NHL, and Tennis. I am looking forward to its launch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts