MLB EI coming to FIOS...

As updated in the posting on the 3rd, very soon. It will not rollout everywhere at the same time, and they aren't going to make one huge overblown announcement about it. However I can confirm that they will be offering just as many if not more hd games than directv in superior picture quality and sound. And without the technical glitches.

As updated in the posting on the 3rd, very soon. It will not rollout everywhere at the same time, and they aren't going to make one huge overblown announcement about it. However I can confirm that they will be offering just as many if not more hd games than directv in superior picture quality and sound. And without the technical glitches.

Please remember "just as many if not more" you get this from where? Oh, yes, your sources which have been batting about .100. And also, must be nice to see into the future and know there won't be any technical glitches. Oh, and I too am certain that it won't be everywhere at the same time, they don't have manywhere let alone everywhere.

That said in response to your smug post, I will be glad to see the FIOS bretheren get their MLB EI. More baseball for everyone I always say.

Ah yes - but didn't those same sources tell him that ESPNews-HD was launching on March 30th on FiOS? You know, the company that doesn't wait until Wednesday, the one that lights them up as they become available.

For a fact, it is STILL NOT ON the FiOS system ANYWHERE. What happened TVBob?

Please remember "just as many if not more" you get this from where? Oh, yes, your sources which have been batting about .100. And also, must be nice to see into the future and know there won't be any technical glitches. Oh, and I too am certain that it won't be everywhere at the same time, they don't have manywhere let alone everywhere.

That said in response to your smug post, I will be glad to see the FIOS bretheren get their MLB EI. More baseball for everyone I always say.

It's true I can't guarantee there will be no glitches, however I do know that fios tests its hd feeds and equipment more extensively than any other provider before they go public. They pride themselves on quality above all else, which is why they haven't put up with lip sync issues.

Ah yes - but didn't those same sources tell him that ESPNews-HD was launching on March 30th on FiOS? You know, the company that doesn't wait until Wednesday, the one that lights them up as they become available.

For a fact, it is STILL NOT ON the FiOS system ANYWHERE. What happened TVBob?

Your kidding???? Seriously??? So he does just throw stuff on the wall and prays that it sticks?

I find it kind of funny that FIOSBOB didn't have the first post in this thread. Seems that Captn FIOS needs to get his information the same as most of us, cept you Sco, you actually get information before the fact that is usually on the money!

Your kidding???? Seriously??? So he does just throw stuff on the wall and prays that it sticks?

I find it kind of funny that FIOSBOB didn't have the first post in this thread. Seems that Captn FIOS needs to get his information the same as most of us, cept you Sco, you actually get information before the fact that is usually on the money!

Captain fios knew this was in the works for the last several months. At times, it killed captain fios not to spill the beans, but captain fios waited until the deal was completely finalized before commenting.

Captain fios knew this was in the works for the last several months. At times, it killed captain fios not to spill the beans, but captain fios waited until the deal was completely finalized before commenting.
So what happened to ESPNews-HD? You incorrectly stated that it would be on the FiOS system on March 30th, and it is still NOT on.

And truth be known, TVBob responded to my question regarding an update yesterday. He replied with information that was posted on the FiOS website itself on April 3rd (8 days earlier). Didn't come from any source other than public info as we all can see by following the link in the opening post.

Also, there is an additional update from that link dated yesterday, and from the opening line it might not be happening anytime soon, as it says:

4/11/08 UPDATE: We gave you the best information we had at the time, but TV content negotiations are complex and often take many months to complete.

http://policyblog.verizon.com/Polic...Mom-and-Apple-Pie-Rejoice-.aspx#When:17:24:43

Sure enough. But to quote Captain FIOS, "Captain fios waited for the deal to be completely finalized before commenting". Yet, CF did comment and the deal as far as I can tell is not finalized. Of course now CF will come on and tell us that his sources have told him that it is finalized. I am going to go watch my ESPN News HD now, how about you Captain?

I find it funny that Questioner throws BS out left and right. FIOS will not have all the games in HD. They don't have carriage agreements with a lot of the RSNs, since FIOS is not in all areas, nor do they have fiber optic hookups with those RSNs to send to an uplink facility. Basically it will be the same as what you see with the cable companies since FIOS needs to come to an agreement with InDemand to carry the package. I think InDemand said they would offer up to 2 games a night in HD. In any event, not holding my breath for this, the reason I have D* and FIOS for internet & phone, can't get a better package than that.

It's well documented that his NESN, CSN NE, DIRECTV, information has never been accurate. And so far his FiOS info is just as bad. And the excuses are always hilarious.

So, are the games on FIOS. Is FIOS getting as much as or more HD games than D* yet? Do they have superior PQ without glitches? Are they? Are they? I will check back later during the Phils game that is on in HD on D* MLB EI, gotta love it!

My local listings show 2 MLB games on FiOS today - BOTH in HD. Those are The Mets on SNY, and the Yankees on YES. None are out of market games.

On DirecTV today there are 17 games (including the two listed above). 10 of them are in HD. There are 5 available in both SD and HD from DUAL FEEDS. 15 are out of market games. And so far they are OVERdelivering on the SuperFan. The first week of the season (6 days) they had 52 HD games, last week 64 HD games, and this week it shows 63 HD games. They only committed to up to 40 per week.

I think FiOS will be carrying them 'SOON'.

Trying to see what I could dig up - so I actually called the Executive Customer Service number for FiOS. They said no deal is signed, no deal is near, and not to be overly optimistic about getting it this season at this point.

But as we all know, this could change tomorrow or next week, or next year, or NEVER. But there is no FINALIZED deal now, and don't expect it other than 'soon'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts