MLB EI freeview

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Stumbled upon this last night that there is a freeview of MLB EI. My Tivo said there was MLB baseball as"top sports today" and when I selected it, it went to the Cubs/Dodgers game

Whats cool is because MLB & NHL share the channels we get the last few games of NHL in freeview too.

Bad thing? Only 2 stations in HD

Xfinity website says Free Preview available to all XFINITY TV subscribers from April 3-10!

The 10th? UGH! Some teams dont play their home opener until the 11th

Stumbled upon this last night that there is a freeview of MLB EI. My Tivo said there was MLB baseball as"top sports today" and when I selected it, it went to the Cubs/Dodgers game

Whats cool is because MLB & NHL share the channels we get the last few games of NHL in freeview too.

What you'll find is most games they do show are in SD not HD. That's the downside

yup noticed that today. Even though there were no hockey games on at noon the 2 baseball games (NYY/HOU & BOS/CLE) were not in HD (at least here in Minneapolis)
Now both were make up games (rained out yesterday) but it was nice to see some baseball :)

Reactions: andy_horton
So far been enjoying the freeview but do have one complaint....and its not Comcasts fault. Its InDemand's

So last night was the closing of Rexall Place in Edmonton after 42 years of being the Oilers home (before they were in the NHL) so after the game there was a 1/2 hour that they were going to get the arena ready for the festivities. InDemand decided to quit the feed just as they were getting the carpets rolled out on the ice which was about 20-25 minutes after the final horn.

They didnt need the HD feed for anything else so why not keep it going until the festivities were done? I know they cut immediately after the games are over but I figured with them keeping the feed going for that long that they would let us see it. guess not

So far been enjoying the freeview but do have one complaint....and its not Comcasts fault. Its InDemand's

So last night was the closing of Rexall Place in Edmonton after 42 years of being the Oilers home (before they were in the NHL) so after the game there was a 1/2 hour that they were going to get the arena ready for the festivities. InDemand decided to quit the feed just as they were getting the carpets rolled out on the ice which was about 20-25 minutes after the final horn.

They didnt need the HD feed for anything else so why not keep it going until the festivities were done? I know they cut immediately after the games are over but I figured with them keeping the feed going for that long that they would let us see it. guess not
When I had dish, the rsn showing a baseball game would be cut off right after the game. IE..REDS baseball, but no REDS live follow-up 30 minute recap

yeah and I have no issues with that normally....but it seemed odd they cut the feed basically right before they were to start the festivities

I have to grumble and give props to InDemand at the same time

So tonight there were 14 games on the docket. There are 14 channels available and NO hockey games tonight. So WHY??? Did they have a couple channels with back to back games on it and one with THREE games set up on it? At 3,6,9 (Central)
It screwed up when the 1st game ran wayyy long...over 4 hours so the 2nd game (Cincy/Pitts) you shoved to a channel you didnt use at the last minute. (thats where you get props).
But what about folks who wanted to record the game and didnt know unless they were watching??

Now tomorrow you get a pass as there are 13 hockey games and 15 baseball games to juggle across 14 stations. So I expect back to back games and even some JIP'd (which I do see in the schedule) but just had to vent :)

I have to grumble and give props to InDemand at the same time

So tonight there were 14 games on the docket. There are 14 channels available and NO hockey games tonight. So WHY??? Did they have a couple channels with back to back games on it and one with THREE games set up on it? At 3,6,9 (Central)
It screwed up when the 1st game ran wayyy long...over 4 hours so the 2nd game (Cincy/Pitts) you shoved to a channel you didnt use at the last minute. (thats where you get props).
But what about folks who wanted to record the game and didnt know unless they were watching??

Now tomorrow you get a pass as there are 13 hockey games and 15 baseball games to juggle across 14 stations. So I expect back to back games and even some JIP'd (which I do see in the schedule) but just had to vent :)
Yeah, jip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)