Mlb Ei Hd???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrmageaux

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Is it me, or has D* offered hardly any MLB games in HD so far? While I love EI, the games are so compressed it is hard to watch. I look forward to watching the HD games on ESPN and ESPN 2 that at this point I don't think I will subscribe next year to this package.

Now that the regular season the NBA is over, I would think some MLB EI HD games will show up on Channel 95.

That may be, but nothing is listed on the D* site about upcoming MLB games. Even the Yankees home games are not listed.

Directv refuses to update their hd schedule this year. The next game for people who don't have regional hd games is indeed the yanks vs orioles on saturday, 9 days after the last nationwide hd game, I hope they pick up the pace.

D* refusing to tell what games were going to be HD was exactly the reason I didn't do EI. I WILL NOT subscribe to anything where I'm not sure of my content.

I live in an area where there are HD RSN games, and D* is still not televising them. Totally bogus!

Theres a Dodgers game on the guide for tomorrow night at 10:30, channel 95...

Id be real suprised if they didnt start showing alot more HD baseball now that NHL and NBA are done for the regular season..We'll see I guess :)

I live in Miami, where the Marlins (I understand they are really a Triple A team) are periodically on FSN HD. However, D* has yet to show any of their games, and any other for that matter, in HD. The D* site does not list any upcoming games in HD. Very upsetting.

D-Rays are on ESPN or ESPN2 HD tonight. Oh boy. At least in Baseball you can follow the ball on SD. Us hockey fans are really suffering as we have to watch the playoffs off OLN SD (even though OLD broadcasts in HD) and the Canadian broadcasts, both of which have really looked bad lately. Hard to even see the puck, let alone follow it!

Gator5000e said:
D-Rays are on ESPN or ESPN2 HD tonight. Oh boy. At least in Baseball you can follow the ball on SD. Us hockey fans are really suffering as we have to watch the playoffs off OLN SD (even though OLD broadcasts in HD) and the Canadian broadcasts, both of which have really looked bad lately. Hard to even see the puck, let alone follow it!

Dude, that's hockey, no one cares:p

guffy1 said:
Theres a Dodgers game on the guide for tomorrow night at 10:30, channel 95...

Id be real suprised if they didnt start showing alot more HD baseball now that NHL and NBA are done for the regular season..We'll see I guess :)

Hey Guff what guide did you use to find the HD listing for Dodgers game being televised ????? { I did see where it will be broadcast locally in HD,but not nationally}I checked D*`s sports schedule listing and MLB`s web site as well as this one

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/mlb.php

and did not see it was wondering if you had a more infromative site,thanks.

austen0316 said:
your wrong flying j, people care about hockey, i believe it will get bigger in the upcoming years like it was before the lockout

LOL Austen....I was kind of kidding...but...the fact of the matter is that Hockey is still suffering big for the same reason it always has, yes there are a hardcore following in each (well most) of the cities and that hardcore following is who goes to the games. Unfortunately for hockey, success in professional sports these days is not based on ticket sales but on TV revenue and Hockey is in the crapper. Without the support and big bucks from years past of ESPN hockey almost has no way of becoming more than it is. If it wasn't for Blue Jackets owner John McConnell the league would still be in big trouble. He has financed hockey in a different way but as much as ol' George Steinbrenner in the Big Apple. Better hope the Blue Jackets do well next year because if that franchise starts to slip, well continues having non playoff years ol' John will stop spending and then the entire league could be in trouble again. There ratings this year without ESPN did what was thought of as impossible, they were even lower. Bowling pulls in better ratings, poker blows it away. But be an optimist like my friends here. I told them that Hockey was gonna stop a couple of years ago when the agreement was up and they all looked at me as if I was nuts. Check the numbers man, McConnel spent about 5 times the franchise fee for the Jackets than it was worth so the NHL could still be viable. I kno what I am talking about, it's my business and I worked for the Jackets for 3 years.

Columbus fan just got axed for Idians baseball. Just got this e-mail.
Direct TV has made a decision "for the immediate future" in reference to the outer part of the Indians territory. They have decided to NOT pick up subscribers in the outer territory. For a complete list of zip codes that will see the Indians on Direct TV visit http://www.sportstimeohio.com.

For those of you residing in zip codes not listed you have no access to Cleveland Indians baseball on SportsTime Ohio from Direct TV. Your only option is to find an alternate cable or satellite provider. Please know that SportsTime Ohio has worked very hard to inform Los Angeles based Direct TV about the passion of the Indians fans. We are disappointed in their decision but respect the time they took in analyzing what they feel is best for their business.

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused many of you, however, now that a decision has been made we look forward to continuing to deliver a high quality production of Indians baseball to you including all home games in HD.

Sincerely,

Jim Liberatore
President
SportsTime Ohio

FKy.Guy said:
Hey Guff what guide did you use to find the HD listing for Dodgers game being televised ????? { I did see where it will be broadcast locally in HD,but not nationally}I checked D*`s sports schedule listing and MLB`s web site as well as this one

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/mlb.php

and did not see it was wondering if you had a more infromative site,thanks.

It was on the program guide on my H20...

Pirates @ Cards is currently on my guide for Monday..

TB @ Yanks for Tuesday..

FLA@ CHC on Wednesday..

All on channel 95...

guffy1 said:
It was on the program guide on my H20...

Pirates @ Cards is currently on my guide for Monday..

TB @ Yanks for Tuesday..

FLA@ CHC on Wednesday..

All on channel 95...

I did`nt even think to check there,I looked at all the web sites including this one

http://www.directvsports.com/Schedules/Packages/MLBExtraInnings/

which I thought would show the listing since it has HD Chan. next to the channel that the game will be on,but now I know where to look,thanks again.

This Sucks!

I live in the Wash DC area. I got the MLB EI package just so I can see the Indians. This past weekend I saw two game against the Royals. Yesterday the game was no where to be seen on any station. The only game that came on was on Friday. But it was out of KC! Everytime the Indians game starts they blackout the STO signal. After the game it comes back. The same thing happened when they played Baltimore. This is so wrong. Now if they block out the game tomorrow against the Red Sox on Sports Time Ohio, Im cancelling the MLB EI. You pay all this money to see your favorite team but you cant see them please!! Even at home in Jacobs Field.

robbiee19 said:
Columbus fan just got axed for Idians baseball. Just got this e-mail.
Direct TV has made a decision "for the immediate future" in reference to the outer part of the Indians territory. They have decided to NOT pick up subscribers in the outer territory. For a complete list of zip codes that will see the Indians on Direct TV visit http://www.sportstimeohio.com.

For those of you residing in zip codes not listed you have no access to Cleveland Indians baseball on SportsTime Ohio from Direct TV. Your only option is to find an alternate cable or satellite provider. Please know that SportsTime Ohio has worked very hard to inform Los Angeles based Direct TV about the passion of the Indians fans. We are disappointed in their decision but respect the time they took in analyzing what they feel is best for their business.

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused many of you, however, now that a decision has been made we look forward to continuing to deliver a high quality production of Indians baseball to you including all home games in HD.

Sincerely,

Jim Liberatore
President
SportsTime Ohio

MacDawg, game was on the area's OTA only. Therre 20 games that will be broadcast as free OTA for the Cleveland And Columbus area markets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)