MLB EI is broken

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
When is Dish going to fix the problem with the MLB EI channels ?

Whether I delay viewing by pausing my DVR or by recording an MLB EI game, when the game ends, the programming goes to a ridiculously long banner segment that causes me to be unable to view the entire game because it then automatically skips back to the beginning of the game or the beginning of the delayed cue!

The only way to even SEE the end of the game then is to move forward at 4X and then there is no sound and the game skips along so fast you miss most of what happens. I think this is due to the fact that the MLB EI banner screen is programmed to be thousands of minutes long and completely confuses the DVR technology so that viewing is impossible. My DVR will say delayed 42 minutes and then suddenly it says delayed 1503 minutes and when I press play ZAP!!! I'm back to the 2nd inning and I can't finish the game except in fast forward!!!

This is really stupid - Why can't Dish just make the periods right after the game one hour increments so the DVR doesn't freak out and cheat me out of my game? I can't believe I paid $160 for this premium service and then Dish cheats me out of every game I try to watch.

Am I the only one???

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's also a problem if you tune to the channel before the game starts, it'll freeze on the black "Season Ticket" screen right when the game starts. You have to channel down then channel back up to get the game on. This is on my 508s, not sure how it works other places.

8bitbytes said:
When is Dish going to fix the problem with the MLB EI channels ?

Whether I delay viewing by pausing my DVR or by recording an MLB EI game, when the game ends, the programming goes to a ridiculously long banner segment that causes me to be unable to view the entire game because it then automatically skips back to the beginning of the game or the beginning of the delayed cue!

The only way to even SEE the end of the game then is to move forward at 4X and then there is no sound and the game skips along so fast you miss most of what happens. I think this is due to the fact that the MLB EI banner screen is programmed to be thousands of minutes long and completely confuses the DVR technology so that viewing is impossible. My DVR will say delayed 42 minutes and then suddenly it says delayed 1503 minutes and when I press play ZAP!!! I'm back to the 2nd inning and I can't finish the game except in fast forward!!!

This is really stupid - Why can't Dish just make the periods right after the game one hour increments so the DVR doesn't freak out and cheat me out of my game? I can't believe I paid $160 for this premium service and then Dish cheats me out of every game I try to watch.

Am I the only one???

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have never had that problem. The problems I have had is what Chris Walker describes in his reply and if I pause a game and go back to watching it then when the game ends before I'm through my "pause time viewing" it automatically goes to the end where the season ticket logo is seen. I then have to rewind to see the end of the game. I have basically quit pausing MLBEI games because of this. This does not happen on other progamming.

hallrk said:
I have never had that problem. The problems I have had is what Chris Walker describes in his reply and if I pause a game and go back to watching it then when the game ends before I'm through my "pause time viewing" it automatically goes to the end where the season ticket logo is seen. I then have to rewind to see the end of the game. I have basically quit pausing MLBEI games because of this. This does not happen on other progamming.

If that's all that happened to me, I would be a lot happier - at least I could watch the game at regular speed. Right now all I can do is try to watch it in fast-forward - most unsatisfactory.

Side Note: I am watching on a PVR-721.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts