MLB EI Remote issues..Scorecard issues..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
First season with DirecTV. I have a few questions/issues with finding MLB games.

1) What channel do I go to first to find what games are on? I have been going to 213 (MLB network).

2) I hit the RED button on remote and sometimes it does not pull up the Scorecard. Yes, Im already watching a MLB game.. But WTF? So the scorecard option is in BETA mode? It should work all the time

3) When I do get the scorecard menu up and click 'Watch Now", it shows like 4+ different channels for same game. So I pick any one, and at times it says "I dont subcscribe to this channel and cant access". Then I cant get out of it. Exit, back all dont work. I have to hit the Green button and select 'previous' channel. Also, why cant I just have it automatically BLOCK the MLB channels I dont get to begin with? Can I do that.

There must be better options than Im doing now

First off did you order MLB EI? If you did the channels start at 720 and go upto around 750. The reason 4 channels pop up is because you get the SD and HD version of the game from the home markets if the game is carried.

If you have HD, then the HD games are on the EI channels that end in "-1". For example, the EI game mix is on 720 in SD and 720-1 in HD.

You can also watch the games directly on the RSN channels as well. You do not need to use the EI channels.

I have all SD channels blocked out in my settings. I dont think HD/SD has anything to do with my settings. It looks like Scoreguide is showing me channels that are blocked from my area instead. Why would they show those channels to begin with? So I dont know which channels work or dont work unless I go thru them all.

Not neccessarily. Your local teams will be there but the team that they are playing will be blacked out. For example if your local team is the braves and they are playing the dodgers. Lets say channel 720 is sd and 720-1 is hd for the dodgers and 721 is sd and 721-1 is hd for the braves. The 720 channels will be blacked out because you have to watch your local teams channel. Normal blackout rules apply to espn and mlb channels.

I do not care to remember which teams are supposed to be blacked out or not. I just want the scorecard to automatically remove those channels from my menu so I dont pick them. Is that not possible? Like I did by blocking out all SD channels?

i dont think so either. Oh well, cant have everything. OK, thanks for all your help! Love watching baseball!! Oh yeah!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.