MLB Extra Inings 2008

They are locked out the length of the deal. When they didn't sign up by May 4th they waived their right to carriage.

That said, money talks and I'll bet if they came back to the table with the dollars and agreeing to carry the baseball channel MLB would listen.

Doubtful that would happen.

I'm saying bye-bye to Dish when my commitment period ends in March, then.

For a man that wants to give consumers all sorts of options, Charlie should have agreed to carry the Baseball Channel and understood that a pretty fair number of his subscribers were baseball fans. I don't know of the number of subscribers to the package on DISH as compared to Direct, but it would seem to me you would lose subscribers with the loss of this package. It's the main reason I signed up for DISH...

I've just stayed with the DISH for the primary reason that they are a little more affordable it seems but, I can get the choice package including locals for $49.99 / month and I'm giving $47.99 / month on DISH right now. It's awful tempting to switch. Does anyone know if I can reaim my DISH to catch Direct signals and just buy a box from somewhere?

It's my understanding the dishes and LNBs are compatible. The Receivers, however, are not. Not certain about switches.

So, in answer to the question, yes. Get a DIRECTV box, reaim the Dish dish, subscribe and enjoy.

Back when the dish has a single lnb, you could use the same dish on either system. In today's world, they are not compatible.

Given that E* has already lost a lot of die-hard baseball fans this year to D*, it would be hard to make a financial case for them to go out and pay the big bucks next year. Even if there was an option to get back in.

I think it is very sad that E* didn't step up with Extra Innings. As soon as my commitment is satisfied off to D*. I can only imagine that they will have alot more HD MLB games in 2008. Along with the fact they started carrying Comcast SportsNet (Phillies) broadcasts..... Well, Charlie - you have until 3/08 to figure it out.