MLB Extra Innings 2018

TigerWoodsLibido

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Springfield, OR
Has anybody heard anything? Spring Training is here and I haven't seen anything about Dish having it again this season. I have lost MASN and NESN in the sports pack so I am assuming that Dish is going to lose or has lost those channels. If they do lose them then that will mean all but 1 team in the AL East would have their games on Dish. It's already rough enough for them that they can only show 1 game max per day when games involve 2 of these teams against each other:

Yankees
Blue Jays
Astros
Mets
Dodgers
Phillies

And now maybe:

Red Sox
Orioles
Nationals

Now it comes with MLB.tv which has every feed so it's not a huge deal. Also, does anyone know about the price? With it being Spring Training and having heard nothing I am worried that Dish is going to throw in the towel and not have EI anymore.

Has anybody heard anything? Spring Training is here and I haven't seen anything about Dish having it again this season. I have lost MASN and NESN in the sports pack so I am assuming that Dish is going to lose or has lost those channels. If they do lose them then that will mean all but 1 team in the AL East would have their games on Dish. It's already rough enough for them that they can only show 1 game max per day when games involve 2 of these teams against each other:

Yankees
Blue Jays
Astros
Mets
Dodgers
Phillies

And now maybe:

Red Sox
Orioles
Nationals

Now it comes with MLB.tv which has every feed so it's not a huge deal. Also, does anyone know about the price? With it being Spring Training and having heard nothing I am worried that Dish is going to throw in the towel and not have EI anymore.

It’s cheaper to buy MLB.tv by itself. Just get that.

Reactions: DWS44
It’s cheaper to buy MLB.tv by itself. Just get that.

With so many streaming boxes available now (Roku, AirTV, Smart TV Apps, etc.) that allow you to view games live and on-demand via the MLB.TV app, there's not much point in getting the EI package anymore is there? Unless you are in an area w/o decent Internet options, I mean.

With so many streaming boxes available now (Roku, AirTV, Smart TV Apps, etc.) that allow you to view games live and on-demand via the MLB.TV app, there's not much point in getting the EI package anymore is there? Unless you are in an area w/o decent Internet options, I mean.

Exactly. Plus, you can switch the audio to Radio announcers or even an open ballpark microphone. I use that feature often because I can’t stand the mindless talking head TV guys.

Reactions: 4d3fect
I dropped EI 5 years ago and went with MLB.tv and have never regretted it.
The 2 big selling points are it's cheaper than EI and you can watch it anywhere - not just in your living room.

If you're a T-Mobile customer, don't buy MLB.tv just yet.
They've given it away as a freebie to their customers the past 2 years.

PQ varys with MLBTV and the team i follow Dbacks it generally stunk up the place with 30 fps streaming speed. Sports just doesn't work at that frame rate well. Not all games are 30 however the bigger market games were 60fps so if you watch Boston or LA expect 60fps.

My renewal email for EI from Dish dated 2/15, states that my price for 2018 is (drum roll please)..............$175.00. 10 dollah more than last year.

PQ on MLB.tv usually looks better to me than the Dish feed of FS-M. But aren’t the Fox Sports RSN’s all 720 anyway?
Yes all 720p but Dish didn't have the same jerky frame rate issue for me. I've tried MLBTV every year and end up cancelling because of it and go with Dish. Maybe this year will be different. The fact they are advertising 60fps is different this year. I tell them everytime I cancel its a frame rate issue.

FYI - TMobile Just announced free MLB.tv again for their subscribers.
T-Mobile is Going to Giveaway FREE MLB.TV - Cord Cutters News

As of last year, T-Mobile became Nazis about their free MLB.tv giveaway. If you don't use it on their devices, they'll boot you right off the service and block your IP. It happened to me last year. I have a TMO Business account. I registered for the free MLB.tv. Then, only one time, I used it on my Verizon phone, and BOOM. Blocked and blacklisted. So unless you plan to use it on their devices ONLY, or over wifi, be very careful.

As of last year, T-Mobile became Nazis about their free MLB.tv giveaway. If you don't use it on their devices, they'll boot you right off the service and block your IP. It happened to me last year. I have a TMO Business account. I registered for the free MLB.tv. Then, only one time, I used it on my Verizon phone, and BOOM. Blocked and blacklisted. So unless you plan to use it on their devices ONLY, or over wifi, be very careful.

Perhaps it had something to do with the business account?
I have 5 lines (not business). Activated 3 different MLB.tv promos. Between the 3, we watched it on TMo & Verizon phones, Roku & Apple TV devices and multiple different desktop machines. Never had a problem with viewing on any of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)