MLB Extra Innings Now Available

So there is a week preview free???? I have been a Direct TV subscriber just for the EXTRA INNINGS package. It has every Red Sox game in HD. How do I find out what will be available in HD for my Red Sox. I live in Wyoming and am not worried about blackouts. I woud love to dump Direct and get baseball from DISH.

I see that MLB Extra Innings has the schedule up for the first couple of days, and it looks like they are doing a lot of HD. I can't see the NBA League Pass or NHL Center Ice to compare how many other games are going on. But on opening day, it looks like all the games are in HD. Then the next couple of days it appears that all games are in HD that start in HD. It appears that games that are joined in progress HD on an RSN are not in HD on extra innings. The thing I wasn't expecting - on the days/times they have bandwidth, you can choose what feed you want to see. For example, on Wed afternoon, the twins/tigers and cards/cubs are the only two games going on. All 4 HD feeds are available, so you can choose the twins feed, tigers feed, cardinals feed, or cubs feed. Sort of like Center Ice.

How do I find the schedule of games?

So there is a week preview free???? I have been a Direct TV subscriber just for the EXTRA INNINGS package. It has every Red Sox game in HD. How do I find out what will be available in HD for my Red Sox. I live in Wyoming and am not worried about blackouts. I woud love to dump Direct and get baseball from DISH.

I don't think you will have to worry about HD for the Red Sox. The big TV market teams don't seem to ever have trouble getting HD priority especially when the games are played in the eastern time zone. I cut Dish before last season but the year before every Tigers game was in HD on Dish except for 2 games that got moved to a different day due to a rain out.

It's the fans of the west coast teams that always seem to get joined in progress HD or no HD at all. It would be really nice if they would severely cut back on PPV HD and tell people to order on demand instead. That way they could free up some bandwidth for live events like this new EI package they are selling.

I realize that not everyone has internet speeds or hardware required for on demand but it seems like enough of their market does that they could use that HD bandwidth to get every game in HD. After all, their EI customers paying $195 are shelling out a lot more money than people renting PPV movies.

It's the fans of the west coast teams that always seem to get joined in progress HD or no HD at all. It would be really nice if they would severely cut back on PPV HD and tell people to order on demand instead. That way they could free up some bandwidth for live events like this new EI package they are selling.

I realize that not everyone has internet speeds or hardware required for on demand but it seems like enough of their market does that they could use that HD bandwidth to get every game in HD. After all, their EI customers paying $195 are shelling out a lot more money than people renting PPV movies.

And maybe because of that new, higher EI priority, what you're asking for might actually happen. We'll see. Nothing like subscribers plunking down nearly $200 to motivate them. ;)

Been looking at the schedule of games that are in HD through extra innings on channels 900-914. Monday and Tuesday it appears all games are in HD. Wednesday the White Sox/Royals game is only in SD on channel 900, the Rockies/Brewers game is only in SD on channel 901, Mets at Nationals is only in SD on channel 903. However, if you are in the local market, you can watch the games in HD on the local RSN - Royals (channel 446), Brewers (channel 447), Nationals (channel 433), and Rockies (channel 414) are in HD. (White Sox feed is on WGN that day)

Now, the questions I have - why can't Dish map those HD feeds to the Extra Innings channels to have all the games in HD? Or if someone subscribes to both Extra Innings and the Multi-Sport pack, that the games are "unlocked" on the RSN so it could be watched on the RSN or Extra Innings?

Been looking at the schedule of games that are in HD through extra innings on channels 900-914. Monday and Tuesday it appears all games are in HD. Wednesday the White Sox/Royals game is only in SD on channel 900, the Rockies/Brewers game is only in SD on channel 901, Mets at Nationals is only in SD on channel 903. However, if you are in the local market, you can watch the games in HD on the local RSN - Royals (channel 446), Brewers (channel 447), Nationals (channel 433), and Rockies (channel 414) are in HD. (White Sox feed is on WGN that day)

Now, the questions I have - why can't Dish map those HD feeds to the Extra Innings channels to have all the games in HD? Or if someone subscribes to both Extra Innings and the Multi-Sport pack, that the games are "unlocked" on the RSN so it could be watched on the RSN or Extra Innings?

I would bet that will change by game time. If the games are already uplinked in HD for the RSN channels it shouldn't cost them bandwidth to map that same feed to the EI channels. They just might not have done the mapping for Wednesday yet because it's a little further out.

I would bet that will change by game time. If the games are already uplinked in HD for the RSN channels it shouldn't cost them bandwidth to map that same feed to the EI channels. They just might not have done the mapping for Wednesday yet because it's a little further out.

My guess as well. It would pretty dumb to not make those games available in HD to subscribers paying almost $200 for EI, especially with no bandwidth penalty to pay.

My guess as well. It would pretty dumb to not make those games available in HD to subscribers paying almost $200 for EI, especially with no bandwidth penalty to pay.
Things will change when the NBA regular season is over in a few days

Has anyone who purchased MLBEI been able to log into MLB.TV? I tried through Roku and it said I don't have an active account.

Last edited:
I don't see Yankee games listed om MLB extra innings on my guide. Thoughts. I'm in northern VT so Boston is my local team.

The game Monday is on ESPN, so it isn't carried on Extra Innings. But you are right - I don't see the Blue Jays/Yankees game for Wed on extra innings. Extra Innings schedule is only through Wed, so I can't see anything beyond that.

When trying to link my directv mlb extra innings account to my mlb account I'm getting an error message that says authentication failed, contact your tv provider. Anyone else run into this issue? Worked fine last year and directv shows my subscription as active.

They said they would offer up to 80 games a week in HD. These are just games, not the feeds. I do not know how many dual feeds will be offered.

They said they would offer up to 80 games a week in HD. These are just games, not the feeds. I do not know how many duel feeds will be offered.
...and I know this question will eventually come up, so I will state the answer to it now. By comparison DirecTV and most cable providers also offer up to 80 games a week in HD. Most of the games in DirecTV do have dual live feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)