MLB Extra Innings

I saw it was available to order when I signed up. Also, it will be the same or cheaper than last year do to a class action settlement. I do MLB.TV and got a notice about this. Said it affected both MLB EI & .TV. My MLB TV is $20 cheaper than last year.
Same here. I have MLB.tv....I read the terms of the settlement and Dish was not mentioned as a provider of the MLB EI....So who knows.
I think it will be back. A couple years ago, Dish pulled the same crap with NHL CI.....The agreement was signed about a week before the regular season began....
ANyway. For those interested, MLB, tv is also offering a package where one can follow a single team. And that one is free of blackouts. So if one resides in a another team's market and your team is playing that team. you may still view your home team's feed.
For example. Let's say for instance you are a Pirates fan living in the Reds market. The Pirates are in town, Normally on MLB.tv the Pirate's feed would be blacked out. With this new package, you can still view the Pirates feed.
I actually prefer the MLB.tv to the extra Innings.

I envisioned something like single team, 50% of the full package price, follow your own division, 75% of the full price. Not just $25 off the main package price.

Reactions: AZ.
I'm a braves fan and not really interested in watching other teams play, besides there are many more features available on MLB.TV than there are on EI. In my opinion spending 55 cents a game for a better picture and user experience through MLB.TV gets the best bang for my money. Of course the only drawback to using MLB.TV is if you don't have a sufficient internet speed. I'm lucky enough to live in an area with robust speeds but if you live in an area where your getting less than 6 Meg's down, you might not have the best experience.

I did not notice it on the website. Did I miss it somehow or is the release of the information delayed?

The information for ordering was released to agents on 3/3. The package is available to order today.

Regular Season $165.00

•Up to 80 out-of-market² MLB games each week
•Customers are able to watch live games from all 30 MLB baseball teams
•Subscription will include authenticated access to MLB.TV
•For a customer to authenticate their MLB.TV subscription, they will need to visit http://www.mlb.com/tv/activate³

•The customer will need to select DISH as their TV provider and then log in using their DISH credentials
•The customer will then need to either log in to their MLB.com account or create an MLB.com account
•Upon completion the customer will have MLB.TV premium access and the ability to watch MLB games on over 400 devices

² Out-Of-Market Games: Games that customers cannot view because they are not broadcast in their local market

The information for ordering was released to agents on 3/3. The package is available to order today.

Regular Season $165.00

•For a customer to authenticate their MLB.TV subscription, they will need to visit http://www.mlb.com/tv/activate³

•The customer will need to select DISH as their TV provider and then log in using their DISH credentials
•The customer will then need to either log in to their MLB.com account or create an MLB.com account
•Upon completion the customer will have MLB.TV premium access and the ability to watch MLB games on over 400 devices

² Out-Of-Market Games: Games that customers cannot view because they are not broadcast in their local market

Are all the games in HD?
I dropped MLB EI years ago to go MLB.tv - main reason was MLB.tv offered all the games in HD, whereas the more expensive MLB EI did not.

Are all the games in HD?
I dropped MLB EI years ago to go MLB.tv - main reason was MLB.tv offered all the games in HD, whereas the more expensive MLB EI did not.

That's doubtful, especially for games where both feeds come from channels Dish doesn't carry. You will be able to use MLB.tv for the games that have no HD or the feed you want for a particular game isn't available in HD though.

I signed up for standalone MLB.tv again this season just like I have for the last 5 or 6 years. MLB.tv is cheaper, has every game feed, and it works on my iPhone and iPad on the go. EI has closed the gap quite a bit by including MLB.tv but it's still not worth the extra $55 to me when MLB.tv already works so well on the devices I have connected to my TVs.

I signed up for standalone MLB.tv again this season just like I have for the last 5 or 6 years. MLB.tv is cheaper, has every game feed, and it works on my iPhone and iPad on the go. EI has closed the gap quite a bit by including MLB.tv but it's still not worth the extra $55 to me when MLB.tv already works so well on the devices I have connected to my TVs.

That's probably my course of action as well. It makes no sense to pay 50% more for 50% less viewing options and quality.
However, I'd *consider* it if everything were HD and I got MLB.tv too, as part of MLB EI. The convenience of flipping channels and timeshiftimg games with ease is worth something to me.

That's probably my course of action as well. It makes no sense to pay 50% more for 50% less viewing options and quality.
However, I'd *consider* it if everything were HD and I got MLB.tv too, as part of MLB EI. The convenience of flipping channels and timeshiftimg games with ease is worth something to me.

It might be a little slower to flip between games on MLB.tv but I think the time shifting you mentioned is actually better than it is on a DVR. With MLB.tv both feeds of every game are archived. You could flip through the calander and watch any game from the 2015 season right now if you wanted to and you don't have to tie up tuners or hard drive space to record them.

They also have a lot of great features built in depending on which streaming device you are using. I think all of them allow you to jump directly to the top or bottom of any inning. My Xbox One even allows me to jump to specific at bats.

On thing I do wish they would do is bring the condensed game feature from the At Bat app over to other streaming devices. This is a feature where they edit the game video to only show you the pitches that actually cause something to happen. It allows you to watch an entire game in about 15-20 minutes by cutting out all the pitches where nothing happens. They already have these condensed game edits available so I don't know why they can't include them in the archives.

At the very least they could cut the commercial breaks out on archives because they aren't even showing commercials most of the time. That way we wouldn't have to fast forward through those "commercial break in progress" slates.

how much would they have lost giving us the package for under $100 or free? I almost wrote in opposing the settlement stating they should be required to give us the package for free.

Is it possible to get extra innings for free on dish? I noticed people are saying they got extra innings for free with directv this year. Also does it include mlb.tv?

how much would they have lost giving us the package for under $100 or free? I almost wrote in opposing the settlement stating they should be required to give us the package for free.

Is it possible to get extra innings for free on dish? I noticed people are saying they got extra innings for free with directv this year. Also does it include mlb.tv?

I'm never opposed to getting something for free, but I don't mind paying to use a service, especially one as good as MLB.tv.
I don't have any expectation that they'll discount it to free - especially considering the settlement did drop the price by +/-20%.

It might be a little slower to flip between games on MLB.tv but I think the time shifting you mentioned is actually better than it is on a DVR.

Ehh - when I'm stuck with commercial breaks, four presses of the +30sec FF button are FAR easier than FFing on any MLB.TV device. But as a Yankees fan, MLB EI on Dish is useless in the first place :)

I'm a braves fan and not really interested in watching other teams play, besides there are many more features available on MLB.TV than there are on EI. In my opinion spending 55 cents a game for a better picture and user experience through MLB.TV gets the best bang for my money. Of course the only drawback to using MLB.TV is if you don't have a sufficient internet speed. I'm lucky enough to live in an area with robust speeds but if you live in an area where your getting less than 6 Meg's down, you might not have the best experience.
Braves fan? Oh you poor soul.....Its gonna be a while for the rebuilding process to set in over there.

Regular Season $165.00

If Dish is charging $165 for MLB EI they are over charging for the service per the class action suit agreement
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/2/...details-extra-innings-mlb-tv-packages-cheaper

SNIP
  • Price Relief

• MLB will lower the price of MLB.TV to $109.99 for 2016 (from the 2015 price of $129.99). MLB will be prohibited from increasing the price by more than 3% (or the federal Cost of Living Adjustment ("COLA"), if higher) per year through 2020.

• For the 2016 and 2017 MLB seasons, Comcast and DIRECTV will provide the full season MLB Extra Innings product at a 12.5% discount from the 2015 price.
  • Now if Dish charges more than the other providers, so be it. But you're going to have some explaining to do regarding the discrepancy.
  • I'd not want to be in your shoes when customers find out Dish is marking up the price ......essentially because they can....

If Dish is charging $165 for MLB EI they are over charging for the service per the class action suit agreement
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/2/...details-extra-innings-mlb-tv-packages-cheaper

SNIP
  • Now if Dish charges more than the other providers, so be it. But you're going to have some explaining to do regarding the discrepancy.
  • I'd not want to be in your shoes when customers find out Dish is marking up the price ......essentially because they can....

According to the Directv site, they are listing the price at $173.94, so Dish is about $9 cheaper than DirecTV. http://www.directv.com/sports/mlb

I automatically have MLB.tv renew every year, so it renewed last week. I probably would have gone with the EI package since it also includes MLB.tv. is it too late at this point to get EI with dish and get a refund on my MLB.tv?

I have MLB.tv set to renew every year, so it renewed last week. I probably would have done the EI package since it includes the MLB.tv subscription. Is it too late to cancel the mlb.tv and just sign up to the EI package?

I have MLB.tv set to renew every year, so it renewed last week. I probably would have done the EI package since it includes the MLB.tv subscription. Is it too late to cancel the mlb.tv and just sign up to the EI package?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)