MLB Extra Innings

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I took a look at my bill today and dish is billing for MLB Extra Innings for the 06 season... Allready I thought to myself... hey atleast Im getting the earlybird season pack :)

Bob, I guess you had the package last year. They should be billing early renewal at $20 below regular season price. They screwed this up last year and had to give credits. You likely are being billed at regular season rate.

JohnH said:
Correct, but a lot more have been blackout free in the Multisports Pack since E* woke up last preseason. :)

One question I've always wondered and never saw asked, if one subs to multi sport and EI why not just remove the blackout on the multi sport channels? This way EI folks can watch the replays if they miss the original airing. Seems it would be a simple matter to flip a bit and it's done for the season.

pdxsam said:
One question I've always wondered and never saw asked, if one subs to multi sport and EI why not just remove the blackout on the multi sport channels? This way EI folks can watch the replays if they miss the original airing. Seems it would be a simple matter to flip a bit and it's done for the season.

Not really that simple. Anyway, Replays are not part of EI.

I'm pretty sure the replays on RSNs aren't blocked out, so is that really a problem?

And the $64,000 question.....

Will New Yorkers be able to watch ANY games on anything other than the broadcast networks this year?

We assume the Yankees are still verboten, but what about my Mets?

And why do I have a price INCREASE if I am losing another two teams a day a day I can't watch (as the Yankees, Mets, and whomever they are playing will be unavailable to me).....

BobMurdoch said:
And the $64,000 question.....

Will New Yorkers be able to watch ANY games on anything other than the broadcast networks this year?

We assume the Yankees are still verboten, but what about my Mets?

And why do I have a price INCREASE if I am losing another two teams a day a day I can't watch (as the Yankees, Mets, and whomever they are playing will be unavailable to me).....

That's why I'm reluctant to get EI. I had it the first year I got Dish. Yankee and Mets were always blacked out, taking away two potential games most nights. I still don't understand why my local cable has YES, MSG, and FSNY, yet Dish considers me out of network. My other issue is that I'm a Phillies fan and their home games aren't shown on EI.

BFG said:
I'm pretty sure the replays on RSNs aren't blocked out, so is that really a problem?

Whenever I looked last year, the replays were blacked out. As with the live telecasts, if it extends beyond the scheduled time (usually three hours), the blackout disappears and you get to watch the end of the game.

How does one find out about what games are not carried on EI? For example, I would have had no idea that they didn't carry Phillie home games.

Not worried about any blackouts in my area, I don't care much about the home team of my FSN network. Likewise for Yankee games.

EDIT: I just checked EI's schedule out for last September and they show several @Philly games.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts