jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Some of you may know this, but I don't.

FSN Detroit just started HD broadcasts. Tonight they are showing the WhiteSox @ Detroit game in HD on 9467.

I am blacked out for this game. I can watch on 430 FSN Detroit.

I do NOT sub to extra innings, but the info indicator shows it unlocked and no dollar sign, indicating that I don't have to pay for it as I already sub to FSN.

So, if the game is simply the HD version of the same channel I already have, WHY IS IT BLACKED OUT!

This same thing also happened last week against the Royals.

MLB HD (9467) is only for out of market MLB games on Extra Innings. It doesn't matter that your local RSN is channel 430 FSN Detroit. Even you did sub to EI, this local game on MLB HD (9467) would still be blacked out. You may have to wait a little longer before E* starts to add HD RSN channels.

It's a stupid program acces code by E*

D* can program the RSN zip codes with no problem

Let me ask this, did anyone see the game? Was it a Detroit broadcast or a Chicago broadcast? I thought most RSNs only broadcast home games in HD, so this game was a Detroit feed.

I emailed CEO at 7:30 and got a response at 9:45 (guess that is at least positive) and here it is:

Thank you for your email. At this time we do not have the rights to FSN Detroit in HD and there is no schedule launch date. Channel 9467 was not the same feed as your FSN Detroit; this was a MLB Extra Innings game being shown in HD. This package was created for out of market teams only and would be blacked out in your area. I apologize for the inconvenience.

This makes it sound like the game was a different feed, but I don't think it was. Did anyone see it?

Dish only uses Fox Sports Net feeds, so it had to be the FSN Detroit Feed.

It doesn't make sense how they can get permission to use the feed in MLB EI but not for the RSN market. So I think dish is just retarded

Blame the lawyers. Someone has this as a clause somewhere to "protect" their right to forcefeed your eyeballs with their ads.

It doesn't matter that it may be the SAME ads there, the contract says they have to blackout your ZIP code, so they do. When the RSNs go HD on E* the situation will change. If not, get used to mushyvision......

I guess I'm just disappointed that if it is the same feed they can't show it. SAME COMMERCIALS!

Tonight I can understand, ESPN has the game in HD, FSN has it in SD, and I have to watch FSN. ESPN is blacked out.. I understand this and accept this one, it actually makes sense.

I miss the good old days when if it was ESPN you could watch it no matter what..... ESPECIALLY since ESPN has some of the best looking HD feeds... (excluding uncompressed OTA)

masterdeals said:
I guess I'm just disappointed that if it is the same feed they can't show it. SAME COMMERCIALS!

Tonight I can understand, ESPN has the game in HD, FSN has it in SD, and I have to watch FSN. ESPN is blacked out.. I understand this and accept this one, it actually makes sense.

The way I feel about this one is HD should be treated diffently than sd... If espn hd has a game on in HD and its not avaible to the two teams home markets in hd, (this case chicago and detroit) Then ESPN HD should NOT Be BLACKED OUT. It would be diffrent if we had FSN HD or Comcast Sports Net HD.

BFG said:
Dish only uses Fox Sports Net feeds, so it had to be the FSN Detroit Feed.

It doesn't make sense how they can get permission to use the feed in MLB EI but not for the RSN market. So I think dish is just retarded
Not true in all regions.

Well, today ESPN had the Tigers/Sox in HD, and FSN did not broadcast at all, so the game was available. IF ONLY I HADN'T BEEN AT THE GAME I COULD HAVE WATCHED THE TIGERS IN HD!

That's right, the tigers don't broadcast every game, in fact they don't about 30 a year, over 50 last year. Thats what happens when you suck for 10 years, losing up to 119 games.

National game on FOX Saturday, but I bought tickets for that game too.

Oh well, I'll see them in HD eventually, real life is better anyway.

BFG said:
For HD they do and that's what this topic is about.
Again not true. They have carried hd feeds from some of the others for one time events. They have not said, in anything I've read, which HD RSN feeds they are considering adding as regular broadcasts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)