Mlb In Hd ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike_augie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
S.W. Okla
Was just wondering if you get the mlb season pass do they also do games in hd on this... i have gotten the season pass last 3 years but did not have a hd set up now I do and was wondering if the are set up like the sunday ticket or just hit and miss in hd or do they have games on in hd everyday???

Not like football where virtually everygame is available in HD. If I remember correctly the pickins were a bit slim. ESPN games hit and miss with HD. Fox...missed pretty much all the way through. Did get the Yes network games in HD preety much. Usually a game or two just about every day if I remember right through ESPN or in the 90's. Now if you are talking a particular out of market team...like my Phillies...probably only saw them in hd 4 or 5 times through the year. Hopefully many changes this year for MLB. I just remember being mostly dissapointed! Fingers are crossed for this year.

Last edited:
There is no way I'm subbing to the MLB package unless I know that all the Braves games, or at least the majority are going to be in HD. That would be the only way it would be worth it to me. Maybe I'll send an email to D* and see what they say.

scotsmanron said:
There is no way I'm subbing to the MLB package unless I know that all the Braves games, or at least the majority are going to be in HD. That would be the only way it would be worth it to me. Maybe I'll send an email to D* and see what they say.

Good luck on getting D* to say anything.

There was a delay in one game last summer and ESPN picked up teh NESN HD feed. Wow, what a difference from SD. It was just a taste, but I am hoping we see more this year. I suspect, though, from what I have been reading, that it will be 2007 before we see that type of stuff on a consistent basis.

Status
Please reply by conversation.