Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
This make absolutely NO sense ...
I am in NW Ohio, My RSN's are Detroit/ Cleveland and FSN Ohio.

Tonight I see that the MLB Network is showing either of 2 games according to thier Info bar.

They are showing either Dodgers vs Padres (it's 7:40, so it's not gonna be that one) or the Wihte Sox vs the Nationals ...
I'd like to see that one.

As you know MLB Network has the main channel as well as an Alternate channels, both have HD as well as SD feeds.

Being where I an located, WHY am I blacked out of EITHER game ?

213 says I'm Blacked Out and cant find the game anywhere.
214 (SD) has the Nats and Wh Sox game on ...
I said Cool, they're using the Alt channel, I'll go to the 214.1 HD channel.
Go there and what do you know, NO HD FEED here.
Just a D* Banner.

WHY is that ?
Who makes this call, MLB or D* ?
Why would they show the game in SD but not HD ?

I'm not gonna waste my time calling D* about it because by the time you get to someone that actually knows whats going on the game will be over.

MLB Net regional games make no sence...its random as to which game you'll get

Lemme check on mine and see

as to why the alt game is not in HD that I do not know....maybe too many alt feeds already being used?

MLB Net regional games make no sence...its random as to which game you'll get

Lemme check on mine and see

IF,, they are gonna show a game in SD, they should at least show it in HD as well.
It would be one thing if they didn't have a HD feed, but we all know better.

I agree it makes no sense. I hope it was just an error, and that DirecTV just forgot to turn on the alternate HD feed tonight. Being in the Detroit area, BOTH regional games on the main channel were blacked out, yet the two other games were on the alternate channel, in glorious SD. Right now, I'm watching the end of the Mariners-Astro game on alternate SD, and it's weird to get the message "Quick Pitch is blacked out on this channel" when switching back to 213. I guess we won't get 213 back until the game on 214 is over. I don't mind that; I just want the games in HD.

You would think regional games wouldn't be blacked out at all since they are a channel that everybody gets or at least can get per say.

you can only get one of the 2 games per time slot. It use to be the "backup" game only went to the teams that were on the main channel. But now MLB Net does like FOx does with regionalizing the games

you can only get one of the 2 games per time slot. It use to be the "backup" game only went to the teams that were on the main channel. But now MLB Net does like FOx does with regionalizing the games

Thats fine if we only get one game, both would be nice, seeing they have the ability to do it, but lets at LEAST give it to us in HD.

I think the whole black out rule is stupid, because we pay to have rights to those channels but we're dictated of when we have the rights to the channels.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think the whole black out rule is stupid, because we pay to have rights to those channels but we're dictated of when we have the rights to the channels.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I agree, if your paying for a package, MLB EI or NFL ST what not, ALL games should be available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)