MLB Network Guide times wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sancho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I live in the Houston area and have recently discovered the on-air Guide times for the MLB network are an hour off.

I saw on the guide that the 2005 Astros v. Cardinals NLCS game 5 was to air today, so I set my DVR to tape it only for it to miss the first hour. I went online to the MLB network website and found that all of the program start times are listed in Eastern time zone but the D* guide is not adjusting those times for the Central time zone.

Anyway, Game 1 of the 2005 World Series is coming on later and I'd like to DVR it, but can't figure out how to adjust my DVR so that I get the entire game. Any advice?

Unless I'm doing something wrong, my HR-21 will only allow me to pad it 10 minutes early.

I have it set to record the program before (a 3 hr program) but was hoping there was a better way...

Unless I'm doing something wrong, my HR-21 will only allow me to pad it 10 minutes early.

I have it set to record the program before (a 3 hr program) but was hoping there was a better way...

You are correct Sancho, only a 10 minute pad is available for the early start ....
however, you CAN use the manual settings and set it to start anytime you want.

Menu- Manage Recordings- Manual, set the time and channel, make sure you chose the HD channel if it's a HD show.
Pad your time accordingly.

Jimbo

Thanks for the manual recording suggestion. I know it might sound stupid, but I'm relatively new to the DVR process and until now hadn't seen a need for, nor been able to locate the manual recording option.

ya i have the same problem with the guide times being wrong on MLBN. i think im recording an old Tigers game today off of it i hope it doesnt get messed up. i guess since its a new channel i'll cut them some slack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)