MLB Network no Alternate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
Today the Cardinals and Nationals are blacked out for me on MLB Network in Michigan. I understand that they do this to make games regional even if you aren't in either teams blackout area. The problem is that there is no game listed on the MLB Net ALT channel (478 on my hopper). I had this happen last week as well. Is Dish no longer providing us the MLB Network alternate games?

Should be the Yankess/Rays...... I also show no alternate game though I would get the Cardinals/Nationals.

Looks like the game is on Fox Sports Midwest channel 418 but only in SD.

That might be true but living in Michigan I don't get access to Fox Sports Midwest without the sports pack. Even with the sports pack games on the RSNs outside of my own would all be blacked out. MLB Network has it's own ALT channel which is 478 on the hopper. It may be different with older receivers. MLB Network usually will pick two "national" games for any given night. They will give you one and black out the other. Sometimes the game on the main channel will be blacked out even if you aren't in either team's territory because they have chosen the alternate game for your area. When this happens you have to go to 478 and watch the 2nd game on the MLB Network Alternate channel.

For example, Thursday April 25th(tomorrow) the main MLB Net game is the Blue Jays and Yankees on 152. The Alternate game is the Reds and Nationals on 478. Only one of these games will be available in your area depending on which one they chose for you. However, on Tuesday the Cardinals and Nationals were blacked out for me on 152 which means MLB Network chose the alternate game for my area. This would be fine but Dish didn't carry the alternate game Tuesday night meaning I couldn't watch either one.

The problem is that over the last few weeks I have noticed that the main game will sometimes be blacked out for me with no Alternate game listed. I have not been in either team's territory when this has happened.

That might be true but living in Michigan I don't get access to Fox Sports Midwest without the sports pack. Even with the sports pack games on the RSNs outside of my own would all be blacked out. MLB Network has it's own ALT channel which is 478 on the hopper. It may be different with older receivers. MLB Network usually will pick two "national" games for any given night. They will give you one and black out the other. Sometimes the game on the main channel will be blacked out even if you aren't in either team's territory because they have chosen the alternate game for your area. When this happens you have to go to 478 and watch the 2nd game on the MLB Network Alternate channel.

For example, Thursday April 25th(tomorrow) the main MLB Net game is the Blue Jays and Yankees on 152. The Alternate game is the Reds and Nationals on 478. Only one of these games will be available in your area depending on which one they chose for you. However, on Tuesday the Cardinals and Nationals were blacked out for me on 152 which means MLB Network chose the alternate game for my area. This would be fine but Dish didn't carry the alternate game Tuesday night meaning I couldn't watch either one.
The problem is that over the last few weeks I have noticed that the main game will sometimes be blacked out for me with no Alternate game listed. I have not been in either team's territory when this has happened.

Here in MI I have noticed as well there has been no alt game available when the main one is blacked out

Glad I found this thread....I'm in MI also.....don't think I have the OP's problem, but have been mystified at times, like today, when the Marlins/Phillies game was coming on....wanted to watch that on MLB channel, and suddenly, blackout. WTH? MI is nowhere near Philly!!! I see now the despised Yankees and not much more loved Indians are on, instead, on 478.

I'm just wondering how I was supposed to know this? A few other times, I just gave up and watched something else. Dish would be good to add this ch 478 info to their blackout 005 error message.

Sure reminds me of old days, when on NFL Sundays, I'd get what the brain trust somewhere thought I'd want to watch and have to suffer through boring games, while great games where being shown elsewhere:(

Edit: Well, was talking to Dish about this on chat, when I found this thread.......wanted to update, as for some reason, they gave me $5 off my bill, for the next 6 months, "for the inconvenience":) Nice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)