MLB Network Secures Agreement With Verizon FiOS TV

cforrest

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Long Island
Verizon FiOS TV Also to Carry 'MLB Extra Innings Package'

NEW YORK, Nov. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Major League Baseball and Verizon announced Monday (Nov. 10) that MLB Network and the MLB Extra Innings Package will be offered on Verizon's FiOS TV service as a result of new multiyear agreements.

MLB Network will be available to all Verizon FiOS TV customers as part of the Essentials and Extreme HD packages on Channel 86, when it debuts Jan. 1, 2009. Verizon also will offer a high-definition (HD) simulcast of the MLB Network on Channel 586. MLB Network -- which will air live games, original programming, highlights, classic games and coverage of baseball events -- is expected to be available to approximately 50 million homes on TV systems across the country, the largest launch in cable history.

In addition, Verizon and Major League Baseball have entered into a new multiyear agreement to provide the MLB Extra Innings package on FiOS TV, offering baseball fans up to 80 out-of-market Major League Baseball games per week. The two agreements mark the first television arrangements between Major League Baseball and Verizon.

MLB Network Secures Agreement With Verizon FiOS TV: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

This is certainly great news as I see it. No mention of how many games will be available in HD however - this is what will determine to me which of my 2 providers I purchase the package from next year.