MLB Network

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
Just wondering if there is any "word on the street" about Dish carrying the MLB Network? I know we all have our preferences and no one provider will carry everything that everyone wants but I am hoping that Dish can get it done. It is on Cable, Fios and Direct (at least where I am at).

Ross

Just wondering if there is any "word on the street" about Dish carrying the MLB Network? I know we all have our preferences and no one provider will carry everything that everyone wants but I am hoping that Dish can get it done. It is on Cable, Fios and Direct (at least where I am at).

Ross

Didn't I recently read that MLB network and MLB EI carriage are no longer tied together? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?:)

CEO Charlie Ergen Of Dish, stated on a previous "Charlie Chat", that MLB or EI will not be aired on Dish Network.

I agree, I think those who want MLB/EI may be out of luck as a dish sub. I think its now in the catagory of Sunday ticket, I guess you can never say never though.....

Ross
Any chance you can hook your PC to your TV. I subscribe to MLB TV. They offer feeds of every game and I watch them in HD quality on my TV. It depends on your broadband, but you see every game HD quality with DVR functions.

I'm in Florida, the only games I can't receive are the Marlins or Tampa Bay.

The package costs $99.00 or should you choose the Premium package it's $129.00. For me it works great, and I'm able to sit in my living room watching the feeds on my 52 inch Samsung.

Check it out, just a thought.

MLB.com looki for MLB TV.:)

Any chance you can hook your PC to your TV. I subscribe to MLB TV. They offer feeds of every game and I watch them in HD quality on my TV. It depends on your broadband, but you see every game HD quality with DVR functions.

The package costs $99.00 or should you choose the Premium package it's $129.00. For me it works great, and I'm able to sit in my living room watching the feeds on my 52 inch Samsung.

The Roku box is the solution for this...a streamer that has an exclusive MLB.TV channel to watch all the games on your television. Granted, I would rather have it on E* for quality, convenience and not having to buy another piece of equipment. But that's what I'm going to do as there aren't any other options except to switch, which I'm not going to do.

The Roku box is the solution for this...a streamer that has an exclusive MLB.TV channel to watch all the games on your television. Granted, I would rather have it on E* for quality, convenience and not having to buy another piece of equipment. But that's what I'm going to do as there aren't any other options except to switch, which I'm not going to do.
Roku is a solution for Extra Innings, but not for MLB Network itself since that isn't available online. I would hope that at some point MLB Network will no longer be tied to Extra Innings and then hopefully Dish could negotatiate to carry MLB Network by itself while not paying an obscene amount for the rights to the Extra Innings package.

Roku is a solution for Extra Innings, but not for MLB Network itself since that isn't available online. I would hope that at some point MLB Network will no longer be tied to Extra Innings and then hopefully Dish could negotatiate to carry MLB Network by itself while not paying an obscene amount for the rights to the Extra Innings package.

Definitely true...it doesn't help you with MLB Network. I'm actually surprised they haven't tried to offer some sort of online offering(paid). While I'd LOVE to have MLB Network, I just want to see my Cubs games, so Roku will be fine in the interim. Of course, I hope MLB.TV got their "HD" glitches out of their system last year and that this year, it actually works consistently!

Thanks great idea. I did try a "trial" subscription a couple of years ago. It did not work well at all, choppy video and the sound was rarley synced. Might be worth a go again if they offer a trial run. as an FYI I did try running it in different locations, work, home, different PC's with no change in quality.

Thanks again

Ross

Thanks great idea. I did try a "trial" subscription a couple of years ago. It did not work well at all, choppy video and the sound was rarley synced. Might be worth a go again if they offer a trial run. as an FYI I did try running it in different locations, work, home, different PC's with no change in quality.

Thanks again

Ross

Ross,

If you go this route, be sure to download Adobe Flash 10 and the Nexdef plug in. They can be found on MLB downloads on their web page. Also you can check your broadband on their web site to see if your going to get a quality picture.

My feeds are great, with no delay at all. I'm on DSL and have been very happy with the service. Check it out, in the 2 years since you tried it I'm sure thery have improved the service.

Good Luck:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)