MLB network

I see MLB network coming soon but no MLB package.

MLB package can't come until 2013 (if Charlie will make an effort when that package is up for grabs again or just say no thanks again). I'd still be surprised if MLB Network is added before 2013 considering MLB's hard line requirement that MLBN would be tied to MLB EI during the last MLB EI negotiations just to get the MLBN launched in many households.

MLB.TV still works great for me - more games than EI/MLBN, archives available, I can listen/watch on a PC, I can watch on a Roku, and MLB.TV is about half the price of EI.

According to a few other Dish sites, it appears that Dish CSR's have been told that MLB Network will be added "soon" to Dish. I know this is very vague and doesn't state anything new but it is worth getting excited about since Dish is the only major satellite or cable subscriber that does not carry MLB Network.

According to a few other Dish sites, it appears that Dish CSR's have been told that MLB Network will be added "soon" to Dish. I know this is very vague and doesn't state anything new but it is worth getting excited about since Dish is the only major satellite or cable subscriber that does not carry MLB Network.

i really hope so
but for some reason i don't see it happenning

Great news if true. MLB is a legit channel now, carries live games and provides 24 hour coverage of baseball. It's time for it to be added.

I hope you guys get this channel. It is a great channel if you are a baseball fan. There will be an out of market game on the channel almost every day. DirecTV also has an MLB Alternative channel to show an alternate game when the MLB channel is showing an in market game. Hopefully you guys get that as well.

Just curious, but where are you seeing this info? I only know of this site and dbstalk

I too would like to go to those sites, I have not found any other legit sites.... other than possibly the Highdef site.

MLB Network: Ready For Opening Day With New Games Packages, More Subs, Advertisers - 2011-03-28 12:03:30 | Multichannel News

This article states that distribution talks are still going on with Dish Network.

"Our affiliate team has done a good job. It's difficult to grow in this business, but we've had a nice percentage increase since MLB Network started in 2009," he said, noting that discussions continue with other affiliates and Dish Network, the top 10 distribution hole in the channel's now 57-milion subscriber lineup"

What I also find interesting about the article is they list the owners of the network as MLB, Directv, In Demand, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner and Bright House. Nothing about AT&T, so maybe there is still hope for Dish. I've got my fingers crossed.

Dish needs to add it before people start leaving them more and more for not keeping sport stations :)

MLB Network: Ready For Opening Day With New Games Packages, More Subs, Advertisers - 2011-03-28 12:03:30 | Multichannel News

This article states that distribution talks are still going on with Dish Network.

"Our affiliate team has done a good job. It's difficult to grow in this business, but we've had a nice percentage increase since MLB Network started in 2009," he said, noting that discussions continue with other affiliates and Dish Network, the top 10 distribution hole in the channel's now 57-milion subscriber lineup"

lmao. If that's what is being used as an indication, don't hold your breath. That's the same answer you could have had if you asked Dish. "Ongoing negotiations"........

One man's opinion and a waste of bandwidth for sure, but I'm among the group that really wants this channel badly, even more so now with the improvements in programing they're making. As I've stated on this forumn before I like Dish and have had no problems in my ten + years. I'm making the stitch to Direct simply to get the MLB network when my contract expires in a few months. If the impossible were to happen (where's Vin Scully when you need him) and this channel showed up on Dish I'm saved the headache of a provider switch, plus I have nothing else to complain about. Oh, except for my RSN, MASN not being in hd. I'm not going to hold my breath but will continue the wishful thinking.

Is MLB included with certain tiers on Direct/cable or is it offered as a premium service like HBO?

Just asking, because I have only been a Dish customer since I ditched cable, and was wondering how much more this would cost.

Is MLB included with certain tiers on Direct/cable or is it offered as a premium service like HBO?

Just asking, because I have only been a Dish customer since I ditched cable, and was wondering how much more this would cost.

Directv its in all packages
cable varies. I know here in Minneapolis on Comcast its part of a sports package (add on package)