MLB network

Just an update....I spoke with a Dish Loyalty Dept rep this past weekend about MLB Network. I asked if Dish was negotiating to get this channel, he indicated that he didn't know specifics but they have been told to tell customers to wait a few more weeks before an announcement would be made either way. He indicated that he knows they are aggressively working with MLB to add the channel to programming. Has anyone else talked with a Loyalty Dept rep or even better, spoken with anyone in the Programming Dept to get further details?

Just an update....I spoke with a Dish Loyalty Dept rep this past weekend about MLB Network. I asked if Dish was negotiating to get this channel, he indicated that he didn't know specifics but they have been told to tell customers to wait a few more weeks before an announcement would be made either way. He indicated that he knows they are aggressively working with MLB to add the channel to programming. Has anyone else talked with a Loyalty Dept rep or even better, spoken with anyone in the Programming Dept to get further details?

Wasn't this the same department who was telling you "a couple days" around the first of April?

Wasn't this the same department who was telling you "a couple days" around the first of April?

I am not saying that the channel is coming, I said that the Loyalty rep indicated that they have told customers to wait a few more weeks and an announcement should be made either way.....just repeating what I was told for those people that are interested in the MLB Network being added to Dish.

To answer your question, this is the first time I have spoken to a Loyalty Dept rep, so no this is not the same dept that indicated it would be a few more days.

Why won't Dish spend the money to give us MLB, but spends money to give us cricket? A sport where only a handful if that will sub to it. Makes no sense to me.

Got to the thread about this and learn how popular it is to the international subscribers to Dish. And, getting Cricket has no impact whatsoever to getting or not getting MLB.

Why won't Dish spend the money to give us MLB, but spends money to give us cricket? A sport where only a handful if that will sub to it. Makes no sense to me.
I don't care about cricket, my issue is that Dish carries the networks of the other three major sports, but not MLB. Why??

You can add me to the list of people who would like this channel. I really miss it. I like their nightly update shows a lot better than baseball tonight on espn. I also liked how they would take you to any game live if something important was happening. Last year I got to see the last 3 innings or so of Mark Buehrle and Roy Halladay's perfect games even though they were out of market. From everything I have read on here it sounds like we will never get it for some reason but its definitely on my wish list.

Tampa8 said:
Got to the thread about this and learn how popular it is to the international subscribers to Dish. And, getting Cricket has no impact whatsoever to getting or not getting MLB.

There has to be more of a demand therefor more pf a money maker with mlb than cricket don't you think?
Dish telling us that they have more international subs than american subs?

No I think they are saying they make more money off of Cricket then baseball.

Last time they had the MLB package they lost money on it.

More of a markup on the international stuff.

Whenever you have doubts about anything always follow the money trail. :)

No I think they are saying they make more money off of Cricket then baseball.

Last time they had the MLB package they lost money on it.

More of a markup on the international stuff.

Whenever you have doubts about anything always follow the money trail. :)
But, this thread is about the MLB Network, not EI. Now that carriage of the MLB Network is apparently not contingent on EI, why is Dish the only major provider not carrying it when they carry the NFL, NBA, and NHL networks??

cosmo_kramer said:
But, this thread is about the MLB Network, not EI. Now that carriage of the MLB Network is apparently not contingent on EI, why is Dish the only major provider not carrying it when they carry the NFL, NBA, and NHL networks??

That is exactly the point i was trying to make. I have mlb.tv on pc and Roku it is cheaper then ei so all I'd like to have is the mlb network.plus of course comcast sports net of Philly.

I as a DirecTV sub canceled EI and went with MLB.TV. Good decision so far. Saves me money and gives me more viewing options (PC, TV through PS3, iPad, and iPhone, and able to view games outside of my own house). As long as I have MLBNet on Direct I am happy.

And that is no small thing. While the caps are quite generous now, once the ball gets rolling, I can see smaller caps, and premium fees if you want to go over. It will put a dent into any real internet streaming of programming. Makes me think the purchase of Hughes Internet might be a huge plus for Dish if they were to offer it with no caps in the future for streaming of any of their programming for instance.

Saw this advertisement on YouTube. Although I know it is not about MLB Network I just find it funny that out of all of the images to show they put up one in which they are probably the worst at covering

Attachments

• Dish Baseball.png
    Dish Baseball.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 191
I know that there are several individuals on here that could care less about the MLB Network being added to Dish programming but I also know that there are many of us that are continuing to hold out hope that the MLB Network will be added soon. I have contacted the Dish Customer Service Dept on a weekly basis about this channel in an attempt to get information. Here is a copy of a chat that I had with a Dish CSR this evening.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Shane (ID: 6GX): Hi Jared.

Shane (ID: 6GX): How are you?

Jared: Great.....Any updates on the MLB Network being added to Dish programming?

Shane (ID: 6GX): Sorry about the inconvenience Jared.

Shane (ID: 6GX): We are working on it and we should get it very soon.

Shane (ID: 6GX): Let me add a programming request on your behalf for that channel, so that the process can speed up.

Shane (ID: 6GX): Is that okay?

Jared: that's fine....I think that there have been 100's of channel requests for MLB Network from me?

Jared: can you give me any info on the MLB Network at all or find out if Dish Programming is considering any of the requests?

Shane (ID: 6GX): I am sorry, there is no accurate information on that, Jared.

Jared: Is there any "inaccurate" info on it or rumors that I can at least hope that the channel will be added sometime soon?
Shane (ID: 6GX): Yes, it is not inaccurate actually. It is an approximate information that we are going to get it by mid May.
Jared: so that means that the Programming Dept is looking into it?
Shane (ID: 6GX): Exactly.
Jared: sweet.....you just made my week!
Shane (ID: 6GX): Thank you! I tried my best!
Shane (ID: 6GX): May I have the pleasure to assist you with some other issue, Jared?
Jared: no thank you....I am very happy right now!

Read into this as you may. I understand that this doesn't mean that the channel will be added but this continues to give me hope that at least Dish is potentially working on a deal with MLB.