MLB network

I was hoping for some sort of confirmation of mid-May but sadly:

Joyce (ID: T8D): We currently don't have the exact date when MLB Network will be available for our customers.

Joyce (ID: T8D): We appreciate your interest with the channel.

Joyce (ID: T8D): I will submit a request for this channel so we can possibly offer this channel in the future.

Jay: Are we getting it though?

Joyce (ID: T8D): We don't have the specific update yet.

Unfortunately "Shane" is probably an employee at a call center in India who would have told you the same thing if you requested YES Network or NFL Sunday Ticket. Hopefully I am wrong, but I have little faith in Dish CSRs

Has anyone heard any information on the MLB Network lately. I have continued to chat with Dish Network CSR's and have been told that the channel would be added by Opening Day, mid-May, and then was told today that it could be another month. I was just wondering if anyone thinks that this information is correct. I have been told by approx a dozen CSR's that this information is accurate and is information that is being passed along to them by the Programming Dept. I was told today that the MLB Network negotiations are going well, CSR's have been told that Dish and the MLB Network are working on the fine print for a deal right now. I don't know what to believe anymore. So, I was wondering if Scott has heard anything about the MLB Network, possibly at Team Summitt??? Anyone else heard any other information. I completely understand that Dish CSR's have no way of know anything about negotiations about specific channels but I have no other way of asking about the possibly addition of the MLB Network to Dish programming. I continue to keep my fingers crossed.

Has anyone heard any information on the MLB Network lately. I have continued to chat with Dish Network CSR's and have been told that the channel would be added by Opening Day, mid-May, and then was told today that it could be another month. I was just wondering if anyone thinks that this information is correct. I have been told by approx a dozen CSR's that this information is accurate and is information that is being passed along to them by the Programming Dept. I was told today that the MLB Network negotiations are going well, CSR's have been told that Dish and the MLB Network are working on the fine print for a deal right now. I don't know what to believe anymore. So, I was wondering if Scott has heard anything about the MLB Network, possibly at Team Summitt??? Anyone else heard any other information. I completely understand that Dish CSR's have no way of know anything about negotiations about specific channels but I have no other way of asking about the possibly addition of the MLB Network to Dish programming. I continue to keep my fingers crossed.

no Update at this time, doubt this channel's gonna be on Dish ever. and the CSR's were lying to you so you don't make a idle threat to switch providers while your talking to them.

I expect to see the mystery Weather Channel on 213 before ever seeing MLB Network on Dish Network.

THat was some scary TV when that channel ran....looked like some 1980 early cable weather.

AS far as baseball...sooner or later MLB will in good faith let Dish have the channel much as the NFL Network is on despite there being no Sunday Ticket on Dish.

MLB

Soooooo... It's nearing the end of may now and still no word on MLB net.... I thought dish was supposed to be in negotiations and we would see this channel by the end of the moth???? :(((

AS far as baseball...sooner or later MLB will in good faith let Dish have the channel much as the NFL Network is on despite there being no Sunday Ticket on Dish.

I don't see what one has to do with the other. The NFL Network is available through Dish, local cable co's, and IPTV services. Obviously, no one other than D* has Sunday Ticket. The MLB Network not being on Dish is a whole different kettle of fish.

Despite any statements to the contrary Dish may make, it is clear from their actions that sports are on the black list. By the way, since switching to cable and discovering what the MLB Network has to offer, I am enamored with it.

I know this is a stupid question; but is there any movement on Dish getting the MLB channel? The rumor-mill seems to have stopped since the first month of the season.... This is the one channel I really, really, really miss since switching to Dish from cable!

Too bad MLB Network couldn't be sold as a seperate channel service much like distant channels by All American Direct.

I might plunk down like 2.99 a month... maybe......just a thought!

If they offered it ala carte it would be a lot more than $2.99 per month.

For MLB's premium on line streaming service they charge $24.99 per month or $99.99 for the season.

Sports channels are expensive.

Jim

I realize that. I was trying to make the point that they place a high value on their programming so they probably would charge more than $2.99 for a subscription unless they could do an ESPN and force Dish to put their programming on the lowest tier and collect from Dish for all 14 million subs.

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)