MLB Preseason games blacked out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't know, but I think it's ridiculous that one provider can show the games and the other can't? :rant:

It was the same way for NHL preseason games on Dish. Directv was showing them but not Dish until I got Scott to look into it and they lifted the blackout restrictions!

It's silly blacking out spring training/preseason games for any sport anyway. It's not like you can order a sports package from the satellite companies and get these games. Most of the regular season packages doesn't include these games, so how else are you suppose to see them?!? :confused:

What I don't get is how often "classic" games are blacked out. I understand blacking out live games, I'll even accept the rebroadcast of a current game being blacked out, but a game from three years ago shown in January should not be subject to blackout.

Since they are blacked out sometimes and not others, I'm guessing it's a misunderstanding on DISH's part.

directv has never blacked out spring games.

Maybe with MLB marketing MLB.TV for spring training this year that is changing. Beats me. I work when those games are on, guess we'll see on the weekeend..

Scott, any update on this??? I can't believe Directv continues to get Spring Training games and Dish blacks them out..Ridiculous!

Never understood the back out reasoning anyway. Less coverage less fans and interest. It's not like I'm traveling across country just to catch a game.
Dish has been horrible about showing HD games unless you happen to be in one of the major areas like NY,Boston or LA. Being in Arizona we only got 30% of the DBack games in HD last year. The SD feed looks so bad on my HD Tv I can't watch the games. Whish I still had my tube Tv. I think I will be switching to Direct when the contract expires.

That 1967 Red Sox game that's blacked out....MLB is afraid you'll climb in the time machine and wreak havoc betting on the outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)