MLB.TV on PS3 and PC

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I hear a lot of mixed reviews streaming MLB.TV on a computer, Roku, PS3, or other device. I get statements about the PQ ranging from awful to really good. So far I have been very impressed. There are some times on some days I will get some PQ issues ranging from blocking to blur. Most of the time the PQ is excellent.

Here are a couple of videos taken by my phone of MLB.TV on my TV through my PS3.

Keep in mind the color and brightness issues are due to filming a TV on a phone, not the TV nor the PS3 or MLB.TV.

On this one I was watching a previously played game and scrolling through the score guide at the same time. You can see the PQ on the guide and the game are the same demonstrating it is the phone not the TV or MLB.TV. I then switched to a live game between the Yanks and Jays. This was filmed just about an hour ago

IMG_0139.mp4 video by DodgerKing - Photobucket

The PS3 had issues with framing the picture with a white bar all around when the output on the PS3 was set to 1080p. You had to change the output to 720p to remove the frame. The latest MLB APP update for the PS3 that came out this week removed this frame, as you can see in the video in the post above.

This is a video shot from my phone of a live game either last week are 2 weeks ago

IMG_0132.mp4 video by DodgerKing - Photobucket

Here is screen shot taken a few seconds ago from my PC of a game going on now

MLB PC.png

It all depends on the speed of the Internet connection and how many devices are using that connection. My ROKU is great but others have issues. I do agree that the PS3 has a MUCH better MLB interface tho

I use Playon to stream to my HR22. Picture seems to be good. My Internet speed is fine at 18mb. I will agree it depends on the system your are streaming from and to.

It also depends on some stupid terrorists hacking PS3's servers. The damn PS3 network has been down for 3 days and I have not been able to watch baseball through it because of it

roku is great. Some problems early last season but this year it is my team that got off to a shaky start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)