MLB.TV/ ROKU Player (Not till later )

I have playon is there something you have to do to access it thru playon (MLBTV) do yoyu have to subscribe to MLBTV first??

I have the MLBTV premium package and a have my laptop HDMI to my yamaha then HDMI to my 61" samsung. HD stream with sports surround.

works great

I tried for the longest time to get the PS3 to do it but no flash support, LAME. You can to it on the PS3 by installing linux and using a internet browser but that was more work than I wanted to go through

GO DODGERS

Ok got some answers from ROKU.

[Question From Scott] Some folks are saying that all MLB Games this year delivered by Roku are delayed 90 minutes. Is this true?

[ROKU REPLY] That applies onlyto games that may be blacked out to you due to your home market. We will stream live baseball like we did last year so as a bay area resident I
won't get Giants and A's games live (and also national broadcast games like ESPN Sunday night baseball and Fox Saturday baseball) but I can watch them approximately 90 minutes after they are completed. All the other games I will get live. We'll also be able to go back up to 7 days in the archive for all games.

[Question from Scott] If someone lives in Connecticut will they be able to watch replays of
red sox and yankess games? (Since they are in market teams I am sure the
live games will be blacked out)

[Roku Reply] Yes, approx. 90 minutes after completion they will be avail. and up to 7 days back. Are you blacked out of both New York and Boston markets by living in Connecticut? Are you sure? Brutal if that's the case! (Note from Scott... yes Blacked out to both.)

Thank there you go :)

Ok got some answers from ROKU.

[Question From Scott] Some folks are saying that all MLB Games this year delivered by Roku are delayed 90 minutes. Is this true?

[ROKU REPLY] That applies onlyto games that may be blacked out to you due to your home market. We will stream live baseball like we did last year so as a bay area resident I
won't get Giants and A's games live (and also national broadcast games like ESPN Sunday night baseball and Fox Saturday baseball) but I can watch them approximately 90 minutes after they are completed. All the other games I will get live. We'll also be able to go back up to 7 days in the archive for all games.

[Question from Scott] If someone lives in Connecticut will they be able to watch replays of
red sox and yankess games? (Since they are in market teams I am sure the
live games will be blacked out)

[Roku Reply] Yes, approx. 90 minutes after completion they will be avail. and up to 7 days back. Are you blacked out of both New York and Boston markets by living in Connecticut? Are you sure? Brutal if that's the case! (Note from Scott... yes Blacked out to both.)

Thank there you go :)

This is basically what I stated way back in post #13. ;)

Scott - I guess we'll find out soon enough, but will the Roku have access to the MLB condensed games ? (These replays are appr. 20 minute long, feature all of the "action" like hits / outs / runs but cut out most other pitches and other filler.)

Scott - I guess we'll find out soon enough, but will the Roku have access to the MLB condensed games ? (These replays are appr. 20 minute long, feature all of the "action" like hits / outs / runs but cut out most other pitches and other filler.)

They didn't last year.

This is basically what I stated way back in post #13. ;)

well I order my roku hd yesterday from the web site and got it for 79.00 plus free shipping I saved 20.00 for it

also I got mlbtv permium for 99.00 for the yr. I saved 20.00 on this

thanks for all your help people on this Roku

hey jeff would like to ask you when I get my Roku and hook it up to my tv . when I got out of town I can still watch MLBTV on my computer without the Roku

Yes you can. As long as nobody is using your MLB.TV account at home on the ROKU. Since the ROKU is so small, why not take it with you? It does wireless.

PlayON is in Beta with MLB.TV. Currently, you can view any game from last year. I get stutters every minute or two on my PS3, but it's beta so hopefully it will improve.

They've also added Pandora beta.

Yes you can. As long as nobody is using your MLB.TV account at home on the ROKU. Since the ROKU is so small, why not take it with you? It does wireless.

PlayON is in Beta with MLB.TV. Currently, you can view any game from last year. I get stutters every minute or two on my PS3, but it's beta so hopefully it will improve.

They've also added Pandora beta.

With my Roku I have to want till the start of the MLB season to watch games and to make sure it all works

I have a roku, earlier model and 1.5Mb cable line, the picture quality on a large TV was anywhere between good and poor last year. This depends on the amount of traffic going on, etc. I went with the Prem. MLB package, so it would adjust the picture quality to the speed of your network connection. However, at 1.5Mb, I didn't expect too much improvement over the standard pic quality. I believe they recommend a 3Mb or greater.

Downloaded playon just recently and haven't tried MLB yet...need to sign up for MLB first.

I have a roku, earlier model and 1.5Mb cable line, the picture quality on a large TV was anywhere between good and poor last year. This depends on the amount of traffic going on, etc. I went with the Prem. MLB package, so it would adjust the picture quality to the speed of your network connection. However, at 1.5Mb, I didn't expect too much improvement over the standard pic quality. I believe they recommend a 3Mb or greater.

Downloaded playon just recently and haven't tried MLB yet...need to sign up for MLB first.

My dad has a 3 meg DSL line and with Netflix it will never pull the 4 dots w/ HD. It pulls 4 dots most of the time and sometimes drops to 3 dots. The quality is okay, not that great with the 3 meg. 1.5 would be kinda unbearable.

I keep telling him to upgrade to the cable co with their 8 meg connection for about the same price but he fears change and always finds an excuse not to upgrade.

well I order my roku hd yesterday from the web site and got it for 79.00 plus free shipping I saved 20.00 for it

also I got mlbtv permium for 99.00 for the yr. I saved 20.00 on this

thanks for all your help people on this Roku

How did you get the 20.00 off mlb.tv?

BTW, I have also tried playon.tv. Unless you have a newer CPU or laptop, this may not be the best option for you. My laptop is about 5 years old and the processor cant keep up enough to make it a quality option. Just give the required specs a good read on the website. The playon program actually has a diagnostic in the program where it will tell you if your internet speed, processor and RAM are in good enough shape to run the program properly.

My dad has a 3 meg DSL line and with Netflix it will never pull the 4 dots w/ HD. It pulls 4 dots most of the time and sometimes drops to 3 dots. The quality is okay, not that great with the 3 meg. 1.5 would be kinda unbearable.

I keep telling him to upgrade to the cable co with their 8 meg connection for about the same price but he fears change and always finds an excuse not to upgrade.

I assume your dad has a Roku. Actually I usually get 3 dots pretty consistantly on both SD and HD. It's about equvilent to old DISHnetwork SD. The only time it goes to 2 dots is on Friday nite or during heavy traffic (i.e. March Madness). I think that is why AT&T wants to run a 10Mbps(?) DSL line for Versus service.

playon.tv now also offer mlb.tv just like roku and all you need is a ps3, wii or xbox360

It will also work with your HR series dvrs.

Edit: sorry guys, I did not realize this was in the Dish forum when I posted this. I am not sure if it will work with the ViP series DVRs or not. My bad

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)