MLB.TV/ ROKU Player (Not till later )

Hopefully we get something this week for beta testers. Sending Brian the email was pretty easy, but I did have to wait for 4-5 days for a response. I am sure Roku is working round the clock to get this up and running this week or at least I hope so.

I downloaded the Boxee app and it is fantastic, full HD quality and not choppy like Abobe Flash and NexDef which have so many problems, Boxee settings are full screen for default and I hooked up my RGB cable to my LCD monitor and screw Roku! Also I can access my NetFlix thru Boxee as well.

So you've found that running the MLB.TV through Boxee is more "efficient" than just running it through MLB.TV's player?? If that's the case, I'll check it out, but I'm just wondering how a 3rd party company can pull off better quality than the orginators. I'm not doubting, I just find it surprising...I'll give it a whirl as PlayOn sucked for me, and Adobe and Nexdef continues to be terrible as well.

So you've found that running the MLB.TV through Boxee is more "efficient" than just running it through MLB.TV's player?? If that's the case, I'll check it out, but I'm just wondering how a 3rd party company can pull off better quality than the orginators. I'm not doubting, I just find it surprising...I'll give it a whirl as PlayOn sucked for me, and Adobe and Nexdef continues to be terrible as well.

I can confirm that the MLB Boxee app is great. Roku can go chase themselves at this point.

I can confirm that the MLB Boxee app is great. Roku can go chase themselves at this point.

I tried out Boxee last night. Having a big audio problem where the audio seems to "hang" and repeat the same thing over and over...and the video seemed like it was in slow motion. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to buy a brand new CPU before I see any improvement with any service.

I tried out Boxee last night. Having a big audio problem where the audio seems to "hang" and repeat the same thing over and over...and the video seemed like it was in slow motion. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to buy a brand new CPU before I see any improvement with any service.

I had the same problem at first, then I updated my graphic card's driver, and everything has been smooth ever since. Check to see if you need to update your card's driver. I assume your bandwith is not a problem.

Hopefully this will be the week for mlb.tv to show up on roku. I know this will make a lot of people very happy. At the very least, i hope they release a beta version. i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

bela_blasko2006 said:
i have mlb tv and am looking into getting a box-may i ask what isp speed everyone is running, operating system and ram?
currently i have windows vista 3.0 MPS dsl and 512 ram (will upgrade that)
The roku is completely independent from your computer, so your computer stats are not needed. However with that setup you probably would have trouble watching on the computer of you wanted too. Internet speed also may be too slow. I am running 15 up/2 down.

I can't speak on the MLB feeds, but 3.0 on Netflix will get your SD full quality, you need a bit more for HD. I think they recommend like 4-5 for HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts