MLB.tv Samsung BLURAY setup with proxy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stm144

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
I live in the Philadelphia area and I recently switched to Directv. To everyone in this area's dismay, Comcast Philadelphia will not deal with Directv in providing their feed. I am looking at options to be able to watch the Phillies this summer and feel that MLB.tv may be one of my options.

I think the easiest way to watch these games on MLB.tv on my big screen tv would be through my Samsung Blu Ray player. The only problem with this set up is that since I am in the Philadelphia region, the local games would be blacked out.

Could someone let me know the following:
1. Is it possible to set up a proxy on the Samsung BluRay Player?
1a. If it is, are their step by step instructions to do this?
1b. If it is not possible is there some kind of dual router setup I could use to "tunnel" a proxy. (how could I do this)

2. What is the best proxy service to use (preferably free, however willing to spend a few dollars) for mlb.tv

3. Is there another possibility I am missing on how I can watch the Phillies this summer.

Thank you for your time!!!!
Shawn

Even if you could, you'll take a hit on video quality. You could experiment and access mlb through your browser and try a proxy service like hidemyass. If that works, one option that comes to mind (though I've never done it) is to use another computer on your network as the "proxy" machine, sitting between your blu-ray and your router, that automatically connects to hidemyass or similar. NOTE: you may be violating your agreement with MLB!

Use a VPN service like Overplay,which is pretty reliable. You can put the VPN settings into your router, if it supports VPNs.

I have a cisco e1000 router. I did a quick google search and the one thing I found said that my router does not support VPN access only pass through. Does that mean I can not go this route?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)