Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It was just released a few minutes ago, MMS for the iPhone.

To get it plug your iPhone into your PC and in iTunes click on Check for update.

Once the patch and downloaded and installed you must reboot your phone to use the new feature.

Now that we have it we should just send lots of MMS messages and see if we can crash AT&T's network. ;)

About damn time AT&T!

MMS sort of works...

I can send myself pictures... It takes about a 90 seconds after I send a message to receive it.

However I tried sending a MMS to my wife who has an iPhone 3G running the 3.0 software and she didn't get the MMS, but did get the text message I sent her after that. I would have figured the 3.0 software could receive the MMS's but not send them... guess I was wrong.

I saw on the AT&T site that you have to install 3.1 to have mms working.

If you update her phone to 3.1 it should start working.

I imagine this will be cool for some but I will continue to send pics via email. That way I know they will get it.........most of the time.:)

LOL. Yep.

I probably compare this to the excitement by others for the Dish 922 box. At this time I have no interest in it. I do see the interest by others but I see nothing that excites me about it at this time.

If your phone is JB, and your waiting for a new JB to come out for 3.1, and you want to do MMS, I found a walk through to update the carrier to do MMS with out updateing to 3.1 and losing your JB. PM me if you are interested.

If your phone is JB, and your waiting for a new JB to come out for 3.1, and you want to do MMS, I found a walk through to update the carrier to do MMS with out updateing to 3.1 and losing your JB. PM me if you are interested.

My phone is not jail broken, just has the changed profile to allow tethering. It is an unsigned profile.

When I updated my carrier, tweeked my voicemail settings, I also saw I had the Tethering option. When I turned it on and tried to connect, my computor made the sound it makes when I connect a USB device, then the tethering option was gone. Strange. I had that happen a while back as well.

sigh when will AT&T get caught up to the rest of the world?

Well, there goes the neighborhood! Just when you all thought you had some decent speed.

Now 9 million iphoners will be sending media over the already crippled AT&T network.