Moblie Sling Player or DISH App

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brinack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Some observations about the mobile sling player app for the Iphone and Ipod touch.

The mobile player is NOT intuitive or easy to use. The menus and movement around the dvr and live tv from the app is very confusing and a pain for me.

I downloaded the DISH app. and find it very easy to use, clean, and fast. I can get all the way to being able to play my show with this app but then it wont play.

Does anyone know how to make the DISH app on the Ipod touch work for viewing your recordings and live tv on the 922. I find it way nicer than the sling mobile app.

Thanks

Thats what I dont understand. The Sling Mobile is 30$ that they give back to you after you purchase it.

So in theory both are free. The Dish App is much easier to use and navigate. So I am stumped why they are doing this.

There's a setting that should be tweaked on the SlingPlayer app if you want the same kind of user experience that you get with the DISH Remote Access app. Fire up the SlingPlayer app and cancel the auto-connect that happens on startup. Press Cancel again if you are presented with the user account screen. Now you should be at the main screen where it says - Settings - Connect - Login - Help. Tap Settings and there should be an option that says Show "DISH" icon. Turn that to "ON". Now go back to the main screen and there should be a new "DISH" icon added to the list of icons. If you tap that, it will take you to a UI that is just like the DISH Remote Access app with a minor difference. There's an extra button added to the "Now Playing" screen that says, "Play on iPhone." Tapping that will automatically switch the 922 over to TV2 mode and start up the program you are playing on your device.

The instructions might be a little off as I am at work and don't have access to my home network, I'll make corrections after I get home tonight, but that should be the gist of it.

I believe they simply credit your bill after you link your first IPOD or IPHONE device by streaming your first stream.

DustoMan, I tried what you said and THANKS ALOT was a big help. Still not the smoothest interface with some of the onscreen controls.

Only issue I have now is if I go to my DVR and want to watch a show that was recorded it asks me if I want to watch it on my IPOD. I click yes and it switches the TV to it but then the IPOD changes to a live TV station and not the recording. I then have to navigate to the DVR and manually make it play. Kinda strange.

I believe they simply credit your bill after you link your first IPOD or IPHONE device by streaming your first stream.

DustoMan, I tried what you said and THANKS ALOT was a big help. Still not the smoothest interface with some of the onscreen controls.

Only issue I have now is if I go to my DVR and want to watch a show that was recorded it asks me if I want to watch it on my IPOD. I click yes and it switches the TV to it but then the IPOD changes to a live TV station and not the recording. I then have to navigate to the DVR and manually make it play. Kinda strange.

I have the same issue. They should update the software so that is asks you before the program launches if you want to have it on the iPhone or the TV. With devs updating apps for iOS4, maybe that will get added. Hell, we still need iPad support for the SlingPlayer app.