Big10 Network

Opusnbill7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Now that Nebraska has moved to the Big 10 (well, ok, it's not official until 7/1/2011), it is my understanding that some games may be covered by the Big 10 network (or other related materials).

How does one go about asking Dish to add this to the "regional sports package" for our area (Lincoln/Hastings, Omaha, and North Platte). For example, I have AT200 and it shows that it *should* be available if I'm in the right "region" in my package.

So, how does one go about getting this modified?

Please, no comments about sports or the politics involved...lets keep this technical. :)

With Dish if you live in a Big 10 state (MN, WI, IA, MI, IN, IL, OH and parts of PA) its included with AT200 as a RSN. Thats the agreement between Dish and Big 10 network

The rest of the country its on the multi-sports pack for $7

Now when Nebraska comes to the Big10 officially they probably would move the channel to be included without the multisports pack

oh..btw: Welcome to the Big 10 (well in a year) ;)

Last edited:
When/if it becomes available to Nebraska, you will start getting it.

I don't see any reason why in 2011 Dish wouldn't add Nebraska to the Big Ten region. As an Iowa Hawkeye fan I am excited to see a great rivalry.

Ok...sounds good...I'll just wait and see and hope they add it soon. If I get too impatient, at least I can pay $7/month in the interim (although hopefully that won't be necessary).

Thanks!

Ok...sounds good...I'll just wait and see and hope they add it soon. If I get too impatient, at least I can pay $7/month in the interim (although hopefully that won't be necessary).

Thanks!

Not much to watch until Football season.

Now that Nebraska has moved to the Big 10 (well, ok, it's not official until 7/1/2011), it is my understanding that some games may be covered by the Big 10 network (or other related materials).
. :)

Every home Big Ten football game will be on ABC, ESPN, or Big Ten Net (Dish has all the Big Ten HD over flows for simultaneous games.)

They cover numerous other sports on the Network and stream live on the website. bigtennetwork.com

The main driving force behind expansion is more cash, I'd think the programming agreement would require the expansion into added states.

Every home Big Ten football game will be on ABC, ESPN, or Big Ten Net (Dish has all the Big Ten HD over flows for simultaneous games.)

They cover numerous other sports on the Network and stream live on the website. bigtennetwork.com

The main driving force behind expansion is more cash, I'd think the programming agreement would require the expansion into added states.

Yeah the BTN is great. Every non nationally televised game is on from every school. On gamedays they have multiple channels playing different games. I got to see every Michigan game last year and I'm in Kansas, 20 miles from the Nebraska border. Interestingly enough I acutally had to pay for the first 3 Nebraska games on PPV. I do have to pay for the RSNs to get the BTN but its well worth for football season.

I don't see any reason why in 2011 Dish wouldn't add Nebraska to the Big Ten region. As an Iowa Hawkeye fan I am excited to see a great rivalry.
The way things are going, Big Ten Network will be a national channel, with schools from all 50 states.