Mockingbird Lane

You'd think they would wantt o do something about the Yankees invading boston. But I guess an outbreak of the plague in the middle of WW II would have been a bad thing too.

I just watched both the LIS and Time Tunnel failed pilots. I can see why LIS didn't sell. But Time Tunnel was pretty darned cool! I barely remember the original. It didn't get much time in reruns. But the update was pretty good.

I really liked the Time Tunnel pilot. I would of really enjoyed this version as a series each week. I knew some of the actors too. The main guy was The Ghost Whisper husband and the friend was the trusty robot Andy on Eureka. The monk was Scott Wolf from Party of Five with a bad bowl haircut. I don't know why a network wouldn't pick the show up back then . I think it would still sell today if they tried to .

The "Lost in Space" pilot was turned down by the WB, because they were in financial trouble. Now we have the "CW" network instead, which is a combo of UPN and WB. However, the new Battlestar Galactica series benefited, as they bought and used the ship set for the Battlestar "Pegasus".

Nobody put it here yet, so figured I would.
Here's the original Munsters pilot. What's interesting is that it was done in color, while the show wound up being done in b&w.

Last edited by a moderator:
CBS resisted color for awhile. Not sure if that is the explanation or they just thought it looked more like the old Universal films in B&W.

It was simply a money issue. Black and White was simply cheaper to produce than color film. Besides, I'm sure that they couldn't see putting out extra money for color film, on a a show with a silly premise such as the Munsters.

CBS resisted color for awhile. Not sure if that is the explanation or they just thought it looked more like the old Universal films in B&W.
That's because their color tech lost out to RCA (NBC), which became the broadcast standard. They played sour grapes until 1965-66. Suggested reading..."CBS: Reflections in a Bloodshot Eye".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts