Model name for this receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CycloneSat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Loganville, GA
Saw this receiver at a friends house. Definitely relatively new but I wasn’t able to get enough time to check for the model number, could somebody identify this?
A6516D13-5EFC-4987-ACDE-0768020D4655.jpeg

Doesn't look familiar. Maybe a Latin American model?

They plasticfied the HR54 recently. It could be a “newer” H25 just all black now like the 54

Okay, I'm a moron. I have an HR54-500 and it has the same front panel. It was made in April of this year, has no R1 in the model number, but has no esata port either. Clearly I never looked closely at it!

For some reason one of the OEMs (I think Humax) called the updated version HR54R1, while the others who did the same updates continue calling it HR54. In the past it would have got a new model number, like the changes between the HR23 and HR24 etc.

Humax also made some changes to the shielding in the 'R1' which required re-certification by the FCC, maybe the others didn't make changes that required re-certification so they didn't need to change the model number... The FCC doesn't care about the other changes like dropping the eSATA port, going from USB2 to USB3, updating the tuner chip, etc.

The sticker on mine says it was manufactured in April 2019, but I supposed that could be when it was refurbed.

They don't 'update' the sticker when a receiver is refurb'ed, so that's when it was built new. Based on yours it doesn't appear they have stopped making them, unless it was within the last few months.

Reactions: raoul5788
I ran into one of our D* installers on a job today, to my surprise, he installed a HR54, not the HS17 ... didn't think to ask him about it.

The HR54 is alive and well. In fact, I have several HR44s still. Unless you’re getting 4K you’re more likely to get the HR44 as there is a small shortage on the HR54s at present. Kind of a mixed batch at the moment, I believe I have 6 HR44, 5 HR54 and 3 like the model posted, the cyclops HR54.

The HR54 is alive and well. In fact, I have several HR44s still. Unless you’re getting 4K you’re more likely to get the HR44 as there is a small shortage on the HR54s at present. Kind of a mixed batch at the moment, I believe I have 6 HR44, 5 HR54 and 3 like the model posted, the cyclops HR54.
You have or have had ?

What I meant to say is that the HS17’s are being manufactured and HR54 where referbs only.

They really need something to replace the H25. Everything I seem to get from Directv was manufactured in 2012
They still manufacture both of them. Maybe DIRECTV should replace the HR54R1 with the HR64.

You revived a 2 year old thread here ....
What exactly is a HR64, I'd love for it to be something new coming out, but we pretty much know better at this point.
There is no HR64 and there is nothing new coming out. Speculation by the new poster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)