Modifying a Superdish into an hybrid sub/fta dish

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
I have been trying to modify a Superdish to get 110, 119/118.7, 101 (AMC4)

As of today, I made some modifications to the arm (had to cut some, since the SD arm is very long) in order to place a "Y" yoke from a D500 (for the 110/119 combination). Then I proceeded to improvise a way, temporary, to place the linear lnb for the 101W location. (my interest in this bird is limited to ONE open channel)

Looking from behind the dish, I have:

119-110-some space-101

I'm waiting for a "W" yoke to arrive in the mail to make this permanent. In the meantime, I've had issues with signal strength - I can't lock on to strong signal on both 110 and 119 simultaneously. May that be because in such setup, 110 should be in the center, with 119 to the left (again, looking from behind the dish), instead of "sharing" the center with 119? Also, there seems to be a wide space between 110 and 101, which the new "W" won't provide. I wonder if I'll have trouble getting signal on that AMC4... any ideas?

You might want to check some of the dish modifications in the FTA area. You will need to make a custom bracket for the lnb's. A standard dish yoke won't really work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)