modulating channels on BHN

lokar

Jan 20, 2006
I have a channelvision four channel modulator, want to run a couple DVR's and a security camera through it and blend it into the BrightHouse feed into the house. I set up the modulator to use channels in the 80's, as there is no programming from BrightHouse on them, but I get a very weak picture and no sound. I've been told that BrightHouse may be broadcasting on all channels, even though it's not really a program, and that may be blocking out the modulated signal I'm trying to feed in to the system.
I've called BrightHouse and they either can't/don't want to help. I'm trying to find out if there are channels I can use for the modulator that they aren't using, or if I have to get some sort of notch filter or low pass filter to use the modulator.....anyone been through this already? BTW, I'm in the Tampa area....thanks.....lokar

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2005
As you don't tell where you are in Brighthouse - or which exact channel you are trying to use - I can't give you specific info - but Cable Channel 80 - 89 are located 558.0 Mhz - 624.0 Mhz. They are also referred to as QAM Channels and have digital Channel information. There most certainly are channels there. You are trying to put an analog channel in the same frequency.

stevenl

SatelliteGuys Master
Jan 2, 2006
Disney World
Exactly like HDTV said, even though you can pick up a analog channel BHN sitll broacast some channels in those channel space, in orlando system channel 88 (qam256 609.00) is used for our FDC, Id recomend (although expensive) getting a filter for your "GOverment channels) to knock them out with the filter then throw your cameras on those channels, when we setup "community channels" thats what we do knock out the BHN local channel or your goverment channels. Those filters can be pricey though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)