Monday's (3/7) Wall Street Journal Story

SactoCal said:
Sears is a major retailer. Just having the logo in there electronics department is HUGE advertising. Aside from that, anyone who wants knowledable information about ANYTHING should go to an expert or specialty retailer, not a general department store for that info I would hope.

What logo, it was at the bottom of the rack turned a little sideways, the box was not turned on and the DVD was running, saying things ( and the volume was off, I turned it up a little ) best picture, stuff like that, all hooked up with that damned yellow cable.
If I was a "normal" shopper, how would that entice me to get Voom, while at the same time on three big HD Displays they are showing DiscoveryHD off a E* 811, if you were a normal shopper about picture quality, what would you choose, looking at the crap picture on a 17" LCD TV using Composite Cable or the beauty of DiscoveryHD at full Component Video quality.

Being in Sears has been nothing but a Disaster for Voom.

I work for Sears and have two statements to make.

1) I can assure you all stores were told to pull the Voom POP material. We received a memo from corporate that said that all Voom material should be held until further notice. This memo was sent less than one day after voom.com placed the infamous notice.

2) Don't blame Sears for the lack of Voom promotion. I have been there for about 9 months and have only seen the Voom rep once. The last time I saw the Voom rep was in August. I have been able to call the rep, but they don't call or visit the store. We were supposed to get a system installed on a 17" Memorex TV. This obviously never happened. It's a shame, too.

I convinced my father to sign up for Voom and he loves it. I have other friends who love Voom, and I'd get it my self if it wasn't for my idiot roommate. Every one want's to see Voom succeed, but they need to support their retail efforts for it to work. Hopefully under new management, it may work.

17" what is that crap? here in upstate ny at my local sears, the sysytem is still on display, but it is hooked up to a 17 lcd just as bruce stated above! why not put it on one of the 40-50" hd widescreens? also its tucked in a isle with some other useless stuff. i had to search high and low to find it! just my 2 cents

vurbano said:
LMAO The Amway pyramid scheme? You have to be kidding.

Don't trust Me. Look it up. I think you will be shocked to see how many of the fortune 500 they are joint Ventured with. Funny thing is, most people sell their favorite products / services this way already-Amway folks just get paid to do it. ;)