Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
San Antonio, Texas, USA
8/14/2004 7:00AM 121 MONSTER
8/14/2004 5:15PM 121 MONSTER

complete review

War of the Worlds, The (1953) [/SIZE]

Genre: Sci-Fi / Thriller / Drama (more)

Tagline: Mighty panorama of Earth-shaking fury as an army from Mars invades! (more)

Plot Outline: The film adaptation of the H.G.Wells story told on radio of the invasion of Earth by Martians.

I luv this one cant wait too see it in HD

MR>C

Attachments

• war.jpg
    war.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 226
  • wardvd.jpg
    wardvd.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 231
Hey Technut I saw it about a month ago in HD and loved it, I know you will enjoy it as well.. Cya Slick

Speilberg and Tom Cruise are making a remake of this, due next summer. I know this is OT, but though it sort of contributed.

Why do people have to screw with a classic? I grew up watching all these old Sci Fi flicks as a kid and the remakes stink. I guess Hollywood will do anything to make a $.

You can really see the wires holding up the spaceships in HD. They show up very clearly, dark black. Guess they didn't have clear fishing line back then!!!

I remember thinking the original Time Machine was a pretty good flick, in HD I laughed at all the cheese outfits and effects. The morlocks were dudes in hanes undershirts, spray painted blue.. holy crap. I actually ended up liking the remake more after watching the classic in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)