Montana PBS needs your help! (no, not your money)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Backwoods Montana

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 19, 2009
Western Montana
Its not too late for Montana PBS and satellite transmission. I just received a letter from “Friends of Montana PBS” explaining the situation and requesting that I contact my state legislator requesting that they keep Montana PBS funding in House Bill #2. Without funding, MT PBS will likely not be able to continue to deliver by satellite. This is currently being debated and will come to a vote shortly.

Certainly, most FTA people aren’t from Montana, but this is very much a tourist state, and a quick letter to a randomly picked legislator might have enough of an impact that they would reconsider their decision. Especially if several hundred people that watch it FTA did it.

Go to the list at
Montana Legislature: Find a Legislator and pick a legislator.

Maybe by explaining to them that, due to the programming that you have watched, you are planning a trip in the near future (or have just returned from one) and would like to continue to keep in touch with the events of the state for when you relocate in your retirement, when you plan to spend your fortune on locally made craft items and farmers markets. (or something like that) Without funding for satellite, the state will loose your tourist dollars!:eek:

Give it a try, It’ll only take a couple minutes.

Thanks from Montana
icon7.gif

I wonder if we shouldn't pick republican members of the legislature to contact? It seems like PBS has less support from republicans when it comes to funding votes, and maybe the Dems are already planning to vote in favor? Maybe I'll pick one of each. :)

Stimulus money to be used for PBS

The MT legislature decided to use some of the stimulus money MT got to use for funding of MT PBS satellite service. The bill number is HBO 645. Tomorrow, it goes to the lower house for second reading. We will see tomorrow if it manages to stay in the bill, or not. MT PBS will receive $400,000 of the stimulus money, for the next two years satellite service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts