Monterey Bay, CA Comcast comes through.

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
Our local Comcast has been providing Fox, NBC, and CBS high def networks + numerous otheer cable hd channels like InHd 1&2, Disc et al. But now ABC.

this would have been the first year since the Superbowl was in hd that I could not get it. (Previously had BEV for ABC hd. but dropped them last month.)

So I turn on the tv, skip to the hd channels a few hours before expecting to watch sd ABC, and there it is--KGO ABC-HD from San Francisco.

Unannounced. It just pops up today as did a few other hd channels a few months ago. No pleading or whining. No need for new mgep 4 receivers. No new rate hike for it right now. All in time for the SB but not enough time to schedule a party so I watch alone.

Thanks Comcast. Now if they would only lower theirr rates. :)

Shelly

The same thing happened here in Chattanooga TN too. Comcast here had HD for local CBS, NBC and PBS but not ABC due to a contract dispute with Freedom Communications, Inc which owns are local ABC, however the local management here did a 1 year agreement locally wile Comcast and Freedom work things out Nationally for a long term deal. The channel was added on as 231 on Friday, just in time for the Super Bowl. I do not have an HDTV now but was happy for those that do. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)