monthly H2H stream keys renewal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brex2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
USA
Just maybe I didn't hear the answer or I hadn't asked the question quite right for them on Sat Talk last night.

"Quick question for Mike Kohl tonight:
Must our DSR-410s & converted 4DTVs(DSR-905, 920 & 922) be turned on each & every month for the new authorization keys to renew our subscriptions to Hits to Home with Comcast SAC?

I had to call in to programming after the 21st(a Friday night) to reauthorize my DSR-410 this month on the even though I had already paid for the month by the day of the 11th. The end day for my accounts each month is the 21st.

Rehits, activate, etc on WEBSAMS did not work. I was able to add another month of guide this way but no authorization."

Mike did say that if it happens again next month it could be an account problem,(wrong phone number associated with the account or similar error?).

My DSR-922 accepted the new monthly CK but the DSR-410 did not.
Programming Center didn't have an answer why it didn't work(it was their Family Pack) this time.
Yes I know there is no tech help at SRL & tech questions must be directed to Skyvision.

So, I'll ask this question here for those that may also want to know:
Are these monthly authorization keys streamed as they were in the past for one night each month & does this require that the IRDs be turned on to receive the keys?

My 410 is running fine so far and was authorized when the change over occurred. I've noticed it records far fewer hits per day than my 905 or 922 did on the 4D system. I was wondering if the H2H authorization system was still under stress from sending numerous hits daily to those boxes being setup and all was not quite back to normal day to day operation yet this month.

No one at SRL had an answer to my question. No one at Skyvision has replied to my email with an answer to this question.

I'll ask it one more time here:

With the dish pointed to X4/W5, must our 410s & converted 4DTVs be turned on overnight to receive the monthly CK update authorization on the night the sub expires & the new sub begins?

I don't mean the old 4DTV 4096 EMM keys vs the new 4160 EMM.

You need to be pointed at X4. Receiver can be on or off to receive the update category key. If it goes down since your on some other sat a rehit will fix it as long as you have a current sub.

You need to be pointed at X4. Receiver can be on or off to receive the update category key. If it goes down since your on some other sat a rehit will fix it as long as you have a current sub.
You misunderstood or I misstated my question about which satellite the dish was pointed at. The dish is always pointed at X4 for reception & updates. The sub changed from Skyvision to SRL package only. It had been paid in advance.
I had tried rehits, reset password, etc. with websams several times. All I could get was another month of guide.

Can you think of any other reason why it wouldn't get the CK - maybe something to do with Comcast SAC not transmitting them?
Thanks.

Call SRL and have them look into it. It is there responsibility to make sure the accounts are in order. Do you have 2 websams accounts? You should if you use both Skyvision & SRL. One will not control the other.

Yup. There are 2 websams accounts.
And yup I had SRL look into the accounts when I had them on the phone about the problem on the Monday following the changeover of the 21st of January.

Hmmmmm. A DSR-920 I sold in December might have to do with this: It was sold thru fleabay to someone in the lowest tip of Texas at a CATV station. It still had an active 4DTV sub to a Discovery package. Both Skyvision & SRL claimed that I have 3 websams accounts but I only ever received username & password for the 2 accounts.

You don't suppose that someone in that area of the continent is fraudulent with the UID # & used my phone number to get credit? The phone number is available to fleabay winning buyers who need to contact the seller, just for the asking.

Yup. There are 2 websams accounts.
And yup I had SRL look into the accounts when I had them on the phone about the problem on the Monday following the changeover of the 21st of January.

Hmmmmm. A DSR-920 I sold in December might have to do with this: It was sold thru fleabay to someone in the lowest tip of Texas at a CATV station. It still had an active 4DTV sub to a Discovery package. Both Skyvision & SRL claimed that I have 3 websams accounts but I only ever received username & password for the 2 accounts.

You don't suppose that someone in that area of the continent is fraudulent with the UID # & used my phone number to get credit? The phone number is available to fleabay winning buyers who need to contact the seller, just for the asking.

It could be the third account is throwing a monkey wrench in the works or some kind of fraud is going on. Anything is possible, I suggest digging deeper to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks tvropro.
Yup. I'll be bugging the CSRs this week about this for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)