MOOV Showcase Hour: Your Favorites

stevegarfield

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Boston
We are looking for your ideas for a MOOV Showcase Hour, which would cull together the best MOOV pieces of each month, so people will know where to find them.

We'd like to hear your suggestions of pieces people want to see.
Thanks,
--Steve
Moovlab Boston

Mars clips are cool, but my favorite is TANK, not tank with music I prefer the fish tank sounds , (wife&kids thinks im nuts for watching it ) I find it very relaxing, picture is unbeleivable. kkep up the good work MOOV, and thanks for being apart of this forum Voom employees(Wilt, Dragonlady,stevegarfield& other anon. emp.).

Unfortunately, I haven't bothered to keep track of the titles of my favorites (why would I? - it wouldn't help me find out when it's on!), but here are a few from today that I've enjoyed:

Brain Stem
Radiant Eater
Random Integer
Lapels

I think putting together a block of viewer favorites is an excellent idea. However, I'd like to see you take it even further and put together more blocks that could be given titles more specific than "Video Art". Titles that would give us some sort of idea what type clips to expect.

Specifically, I'm thinking blocks of only CGI-screensaver-type-visuals, and other blocks showing street scenes or live subjects or landscapes or time-lapses or whatever the case may be.

I also think dividing the blocks by music genre would be a no-brainer - i.e., seperate blocks for techno, funk/disco, rock, classical, new age, etc. It would give the viewer a better chance of knowing if he may expect to see clips he enjoys when tuning in. I for one would definitely tune in to any program called, say, "Block-Rocking Beats" or "The Disco/Funk Screensaver Power Hour" or -ooh! - how 'bout "Five Point One: A Surround-Sound Exhibition" - I'll tune in for that one regardless of what the visuals are!

My point is that "Video Art" tells us nothing - no reason to make an "appointment" to watch. Just random luck. I think it would be relatively simple to do much better. "Favorites" is a good start, but please take it further. Perhaps you could start another thread asking us what type of clips we'd like to see blocked together into titled shows? There are some of us out here that love this channel, but think it could do so much better!

P.S. While Tank is great , please don't include it in the "Favorites". It already has its own block and is very easy to find. Hell, mooV is almost becoming the Tank channel as it is.

Love Tank...think its a great idea. Especially the fish with the green in the background. That looks great.

Tank is cool. I also like the MOOV segments with flyover sequences. I hadn't seen the fireworks but I bet I'll like those as well.

Now if you want ideas for future segments. Have hot babes in bikinis swim through the tank evey once in a while and if some fish makes off with their bikini...oh well.:D

TankHD needs its own channel.

subdude212 said:
Tank is cool. I also like the MOOV segments with flyover sequences. I hadn't seen the fireworks but I bet I'll like those as well.

Now if you want ideas for future segments. Have hot babes in bikinis swim through the tank evey once in a while and if some fish makes off with their bikini...oh well.:D
And I thought TankHD could not get any better, I think girls in bikinis who'd be Hoot, watch out for the sharks.!!

More TankHD....Its absolutely great and if you have guests over and dont want to watch TV but still want to amaze them with HD its perfect....

Tank is a nice idea, but the PQ isn't too hot. I checked it out today and the clip I saw wasn't worth watching, maybe I caught a bad one.

On a posititive note, almost every channel I tuned in today looks better, a lot less noise than usual.

More ART!

Okay guys, I agree, Tank is cool, but come on - this is a video art channel, and while yeah, a lot of it is crap at the moment, I'd like to see an honest- to-god art channel actually exist SOMEWHERE...you KNOW that when they make more HD channels that there's gonna be a whole one for Tanks and probably another one for Fireplaces, and another one for naked women underwater... MOOV - I'm here cheering you on and checking in every day...keep the art thing GOING!...(and a few naked art pieces would probably keep the masses happier...DaVinci was no fool...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)