More additions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had talked with someone in the know on another site, and they told me there is contract issues with the locals in this area, and he didn't see them being added this year, thats all he would say, one wierd thing about it is, I don't buy that cuz every carrier in this area has local HD except for Dish Net, you'd think they would have had the same contract issues, i think Dish just drops the ball like they usually do on everything, cuz you never hear a clear answer on why Harrisburg won't have locals in HD anytime soon

That really sucks. Not at all in 2008? Dish needs to get their crap together. I can get some Balt and york stations ota but not WHP.

do you know if D has your locals?

Yes, for about or over 1 year. I was thinking we would have them this summer. But that doesn't look to be the case. Through Comcast basic I can get QAM free locals but that isn't convenient because of the dvr.

OTA I can get them to but it goes in and out I would like a steady signal for channel NBC and fox

We could "move". I have read that a certain area around here qualifies you for both harrisburg and dc locals. I can't remember where I read that.

Update- Chambersburg- pa and dc locals only dc in hd. I think I might buy
a hunting cabin in that area.

Moved

I moved once, but I hated not having my normal channels. I guess getting DC and Harrisburg wouldn't be so bad, but I'd prefer to just be legit and support the local stations. A while ago I tried emailing all the local stations to see if they knew anything about Dish carrying them in HD and no one emailed me back.

D & Com both have offered the local HD channels for well over a year around here...

Yeah, I really don't want to move either but this is ridiculus. After being very happy with E* the last two years Charlie has done some things the last few months that are really pissing me off.

I moved once, but I hated not having my normal channels. I guess getting DC and Harrisburg wouldn't be so bad, but I'd prefer to just be legit and support the local stations. A while ago I tried emailing all the local stations to see if they knew anything about Dish carrying them in HD and no one emailed me back.

D & Com both have offered the local HD channels for well over a year around here...

Why do you want to support the local channels that are not supporting you by coming to an agreement with Dish? I am a mover and I choose not to support my locals because they choose to not support me by not providing HD.

That really sucks. Not at all in 2008? Dish needs to get their crap together. I can get some Balt and york stations ota but not WHP.
WHP is a stinker for many reasons.

1) It is a Newport station, formerly clear channel. No Newport/Clear Channel television station that I am aware of is on Dish Network in HD (was bored a few weeks ago and did my best to look em up.) Even if e* got around to offering Harrisburg DMA HD LiL tomorrow, I would be willing to be willing to bet WHP would not be included. (same would have been true with Fox 43. But now that Tribune and e* started playing nice... Fox would be safe.)

2) WHP-DT is a low power VHF station until after the transition. After the transition they will be giving up 4.1 and going back to 21.1. When that happens, you might have better luck pulling in the station, just sucks til then. (I am less than 20 miles from the tower and can't get 'em OTA).

WHP is a stinker for many reasons.

1) It is a Newport station, formerly clear channel. No Newport/Clear Channel television station that I am aware of is on Dish Network in HD (was bored a few weeks ago and did my best to look em up.) Even if e* got around to offering Harrisburg DMA HD LiL tomorrow, I would be willing to be willing to bet WHP would not be included. (same would have been true with Fox 43. But now that Tribune and e* started playing nice... Fox would be safe.)

2) WHP-DT is a low power VHF station until after the transition. After the transition they will be giving up 4.1 and going back to 21.1. When that happens, you might have better luck pulling in the station, just sucks til then. (I am less than 20 miles from the tower and can't get 'em OTA).

Blocked by a mountain. Can't get ABC either. Can get Baltimore no problem from Dillsburg.

Did anyone else see the "New HD Locals Available in your area" channel in Wilkes Barre/Scranton??? I think it showed on channel 99. You couldnt switch to it, but it was there.