More advanced remote control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sheilatn

Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Cottleville, MO
I was advised when I called Directv to change my installation order and add another HD DVR in place of an HD receiver that it wasn't necessary. The lady said all I needed to do in order to have non HDR receivers be able to pause, rewind etc. was to ask the installer for a more advanced remote control and all the buttons would be operable then. Was she correct? I don't need the extra dvr capability. I am currently going to have a whole house one, another HD DVR, and two HD receivers.

its not the remote control but having the units interconnected and setup correctly along with whole-home/MRV activated on your account.

Nope.. She was way off. The only difference between remotes is whether or not they have RF capability. The available functions are determined by the type of receiver.
You'll have the functions you want when watching recorded programs over the whole home network (regardless of which type of remote) but not on Live TV unless the receiver is a DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)