More Advice on HD Installation

sullivbt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Gents;

I recently bit on the whole DVRAdvantage/622/HD thing, and I currently have an install scheduled for Friday. I live in Richmond, VA and am currently using a SuperDISH 105 as an antenna (although the Richmond,VA locals are no longer on 105). Having followed the threads re:the 129 bird here is my dilemma:

As I am quite happy with the SuperDISH 105 with respect to its 110 and 119 reception (well over 105 signal strength on both birds), am I better off:

1) allowing the installer to replace the SuperDISH with the "old" Dish 1000 antenna

OR

2) just ask him to install a second dish pointed at 61.5 and run a line to the "4 in, 3 out" switch on my SuperDISH?

My current thinking is that if I go with Option 2, then I will get all the HD plus all of the PI channels, and wtih a better signal strength than 129. Any thoughts on my situation? Also, what happens if the installer comes out with a Dish 1000.2 - is 129 reception on that antenna improved enought to recommend it over a second dish pointed at 61.5?

On the east coast you'd probably get better reception out of 61.5. I live in FL and use it. I know that north of here people are able to receive 129 but I would think that 61.5 would be more reliable. I have also heard that the PQ on some of the channels is better on 61.5 than 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)