More Advice on HD Installation

sullivbt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Gents;

I recently bit on the whole DVRAdvantage/622/HD thing, and I currently have an install scheduled for Friday. I live in Richmond, VA and am currently using a SuperDISH 105 as an antenna (although the Richmond,VA locals are no longer on 105). Having followed the threads re:the 129 bird here is my dilemma:

As I am quite happy with the SuperDISH 105 with respect to its 110 and 119 reception (well over 105 signal strength on both birds), am I better off:

1) allowing the installer to replace the SuperDISH with the "old" Dish 1000 antenna

OR

2) just ask him to install a second dish pointed at 61.5 and run a line to the "4 in, 3 out" switch on my SuperDISH?

My current thinking is that if I go with Option 2, then I will get all the HD plus all of the PI channels, and wtih a better signal strength than 129. Any thoughts on my situation? Also, what happens if the installer comes out with a Dish 1000.2 - is 129 reception on that antenna improved enought to recommend it over a second dish pointed at 61.5?

On the east coast you'd probably get better reception out of 61.5. I live in FL and use it. I know that north of here people are able to receive 129 but I would think that 61.5 would be more reliable. I have also heard that the PQ on some of the channels is better on 61.5 than 129.

So, who would like one of these? (Dish Tuner for an HTPC)

Switched to DVR advantage online

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)