more audio drops

new_to_hdtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
not far enough North
Since the L232 download, my 522 is experiencing more audio drops when watching previously recorded programs. Seems that these audio drop problems have plagued the 522 for quite some time now.
Does anyone from the Satellite Guys have any inside info. from Dish that they will be releasing a fix for that (soon)?

I'd like to say I now have short lines of pixelations that occur during live tv that flash on the screen in random places like 3 times every half hour... I never had these before!

I have also seen those short lines of Pixelation both in live TV and recorded program and its not weather related because it has happend in all kinds of weather good and bad day and night. As for the audio drop outs I think they are better since L232 however now I have been getting the Pixelation and short freezes in the system much more often with the new software.

Same here - I was starting to think it was just me experiencing the pixelation and short freezes. The other strange thing is that previously with L208 I never had audio drops (or at least I didn't notice any) on recorded content. Now they happen quite often and is very noticeable.

I too have been noticing the freezing/pixelation occuring during Live TV, but mostly on my local channels. I will have to do some investigating to see if its just my locals or if other channels are affected as well...

--DD :confused:

It used to only be a playback issue... Now it seems to be on live TV as well. At least it's not freezing for me, just a audio dropout followed by pixelation. It's also storing it that way, since it's still there when I do a rewind.

new_to_hdtv said:
Since the L232 download, my 522 is experiencing more audio drops when watching previously recorded programs. Seems that these audio drop problems have plagued the 522 for quite some time now.
Does anyone from the Satellite Guys have any inside info. from Dish that they will be releasing a fix for that (soon)?
My guess is that the hardware just doesn't have the umph to handle the load that all the software features are putting on it. I bet Dish's fix will be the 625, but it won't be for existing customers :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts